“Another Great Lunch”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Another Great Lunch”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have met here for lunch on several occasions with my brother and sister and their spouses and always had a good experience. My sister and husband who lived in the area before moving to Florida have called this one of their favorite restaurants. We cannot disagree. We sit at the round table for six near the entrance and the service and food is always terrific.

I had the gourmet fish sandwich and my wife had the lobster roll. Everyone else had something different off the lunch or special menu. Everything was very good and fresh and we had a nice family lunch once again.

• Visited August 2014

Hartford, Connecticut
“portions good, was cooked well”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have not had a bad meal here. Portions are good, everything cooked well. Restaurant is always crowded and so if you want to come, come early or after dinner rush.

Visited April 2014
Westerville, Ohio
“Chowderpot IV Not Impressive”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Four of us went to the USS Chowderpot IV for dinner and I was not particularly impressed. The server was excellent but I really expected my lobster to be superb and it was not. The legs were very good but the claws and tail were overcooked and rubbery. Very disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
Staten Island, New York
“Impressed”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Large portions. Well prepared, fresh food. Awesome waitress, fast service. Very reasonable pricing. Only issue was the non-descript building in the somewhat overgrown parking lot. Large sign indicates the area of the restaurant, but building itself has no signage at all. Not being from the area, we weren't sure we were in the right place as another building is located off to the side. But I didn't come to look at the outside, and the interior was clean with a nautical theme. Would definitely visit again if in the area.

• Visited July 2014
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Whatever happened to customer service”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Entered restaurant with my elderly father. Young, tall female hostess, I believe she was of Latin descent, was very abrupt and rude, especially when asked if it would be a problem to change seats. She acted as if we were looking to borrow her car. She literally grabbed the menu from my father's hands and tossed them onto the other table walking away. Seriously, if I wanted to spend that much money on being treated poorly, I'd not have driven three hours to meet my ailing elderly father at this establishment. Better yet, the server comes over after waiting for what seemed a long time; when asked a question about the menu, he replies, "I don't typically work lunch, so I cannot answer any menu questions". I suggest consumers spending their hard earned money elsewhere.

• Visited July 2014