“Good Enough to Ensure Repeat Visits...”
Review of Feng Asian Bistro

Feng Asian Bistro
Ranked #13 of 452 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in the center of downtown Hartford, Feng Asian Bistro and Lounge offers a broad range of elegant Southeast Asian dishes, spanning the Pacific Rim from Japan, China and Thailand.
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I didn't even know this place existed! I'm glad that I know now!
The décor is classy enough for romance; classic enough for business. The service matches the atmosphere; in fact, going so far as to lend itself nicely to the ambience.
I was in no mood for sushi or sashimi, so I was quite pleased that they offer a whole host of selections to fit most seafood palates. I chose the bronzini, though I was split between that and the Chilean sea bass. I just found out that bronzini is European sea bass. I figured that I've had my fair share of Chilean sea bass and I've only had bronzini once, so why not?
It didn't take long for the culinary treasure to arrive. This fish was heavenly. Its presentation was pristine. Though I wasn't stuffed to the proverbial gills, I was satisfied and went home happy.
Feng shall see me again. I think I behaved myself enough be welcomed upon my return.

1  Thank Brianimated
John C, Owner at Feng Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Brianimated, we're glad you know we exist now! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your food and found our place to have a great ambiance. We hope to see you many more times in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Recently I came here for lunch with some friends from work. I love the décor of this place, very elegant and classy. Feng has something for everyone. If you are not a fan of sushi (like me) you’ll find something on the menu that tempts your palette. Our servers were attentive and knowledgeable on the menu. I decided on the General Tso’s chicken. This was some of the best General Tso’s chicken I have ever eaten. Not greasy at all and the right amount of spice! Some reviewers commented on the small portions. I think they are perfectly portioned for lunch. The only downside was the food didn’t arrive hot enough.

John C, Owner at Feng Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Emily, thanks for the great review! We're so glad you had a nice time and enjoyed your food. It sounds like you really enjoyed your General Tso's chicken! We're sorry the food wasn't as hot as you liked it -- always feel free to send it back.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Nice atmosphere, effective service and good value - this was my 2nd visit and i shall come back. I would also say the place is good for both business and casual meals.

John C, Owner at Feng Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Marylou, thanks for the great review! We're so glad you had a nice time in with us and enjoyed your food. We're glad you enjoyed it enough to come back for the second time -- we hope to serve you much more in the future!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Certainly not trying to negatively impact this restaurant in any way- but I call a spade a spade...this location is for higher end couples, business dinners, etc. Portion sizes are smaller, but the staff is great and the food absolutely superior. If you're looking to get filled, you might have to go to a sushi buffet elsewhere, but if you're looking for quality at the increased price...then this is in fact where you'd take someone.

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't love your whole experience. We appreciate you letting us know what didn't like -- we will address them

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I attended a business dinner for 20+ people that we held here. They gave us the private room at the back of the restaurant. We had appetizers, cocktails, and then ordered dinner off their menu. The service was very good and the food excellent. The dinner was very much a success and everyone enjoyed the venue. We'd definitely return for another event.

John C, Owner at Feng Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Thanks for the love! We're so glad you had a great time in with us and enjoyed your food. I'm happy to hear the business dinner went so smoothly. Come back again soon!