“Pleasantly old fashioned”

Castaways
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

In a beautiful setting next to Colywell bay, this is a traditional old time tearoom, sadly lacking these days.
Lots of nick-knacks around the cafe and artwork on the walls.
It's not huge but I believe bookings are available.
It does all sorts from snacks, cakes etc up to bigger meals. Try the crab sandwiches!
Well worth seeking out!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We visited Castaways again last week and had the best cheesecake we have ever tasted. The portions were extremely generous too.

The service was excellent and the staff were friendly.

Dogs are made very welcome but if you are not a dog lover, I would advise you to stay away. We love dogs so enjoyed seeing them there. It really is ideal for dog owners.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Spoilt for choice including the specials board there were 7 things I fancied of all different kinds, home made winter warmers, fish salads, yummy cakes, big pots of tea and lovely staff and service. Good value for money - a regular place for us. Its often popular so would try a little of peak to guarantee a nice table.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I visited Castaways a number of years ago with my mum. We discovered the place whilst walking my two dogs and to my joy we were able to take both dogs to sit with us. We sat outside and were served promptly. What made the place really special was that the dogs were not forgotten and when our drinks were brought out, so was a bowl of fresh water and a doggy biscuit for each dog. I visited a few times on our walks and was always given a very warm welcome. I've since begun meeting with friends there very regularly, we have a slice of cake, a drink and a lovely chat with the owners. I can honestly say that the atmosphere has always been very warm and welcoming, the owners and staff have always been very friendly. They even provided toys to entertain the little ones. I look forward to going along and on every occasion I have had a lovely time. I think it's a great place to visit, I can't imagine why anyone would think otherwise. It's a shame there aren't more places like this.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Took my grandfather here a couple of weeks back. He really looks forward to his coffee morning outings! What can I say....... the service is horrendous. Coffee and scone ok had better but a friendly welcome would of been nice. A man took our order and was not interested in the slightest. A lady came from out the back and if looks could kill!! Felt like I shouldn't of been in there! A friend had told me of a bad experience where they had gone in and were told very abruptly that they were closing. I gave them the benefit of the doubt wish I hadnt!

7  Thank kesha87