“Relaxation weekend - Top Marks”

Tor Spa Retreat Ltd
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ickham
Tor Spa Retreat Ltd
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxation weekend - Top Marks”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

4 mums went for a weekend break to celebrate a birthday.

If you want a shiny 5* spa full of stick-thin women then like another reviewer says, it's not the place for you. However, if you want to feel comfortable, chilled out and are happy to lounge on sofas and walk in the garden, you will love it.

The treatments were just gorgeous. I've been to South India and these were a more 'Western' and sanitised version of ayurveda, but nevertheless authentic and administered by very kind and practised Indian staff.

The pool is a bit small - better for a bob around in the warm water rather than a swim - but nice for a dip and it was really warm. The treatments would be the reason to visit the spa rather than the pool.

We stayed overnight in the 2 bed and breakfast rooms. At 5pm the staff left us with the keys and we had the whole place to ourselves. What an amazing treat ! We sat on the deck, watched the pond and drank champagne, before walking to the fab local pub and having a great dinner. (Duke William pub in Ickham).

Very quiet, homely, comfortable and will DEFINITELY be back.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms. One is bigger than the other. Ask for this one if it's available.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank LondonMummmy

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

A friend and I went to the Tor Spa Retreat in Ickham Canterbury in October.
Reception staff seemed to have a bit of an attitude on arrival.
After a very brief tour we were left to get changed. Dressing gowns were only available in one size xxl - unfortunate for me I am a size 6. We were not shown how to use any of the sauna or steam room facilities. The place was very dirty. Lots of dust and muck under units, cobwebs on curtains and across walls. I am not talking about a small amount of surface dust. It was like I'd tipped the contents of my dyson everywhere!Under tables again lots of dust. I had a treatment which was called Abhyanga Full Body Massage. Which started with a head massage - but was more like a head rub. In fact the whole body massage was just a rub. I have had better massages from college students. The only good part was the steam box. I am pretty sure that my locker key was taken and removed from the stool in the corner and on return home had to cancel all my cards to be on the safe side.
I also found a hair in my lunch - which was a lentil curry.
The hydro pool was warm, but we were not given any guidlines as to how long we should be in there for (I have been told since by a friend that it should be 20min max) The receptionist checked the temperature whilst we were in the pool and told us it was 3 degrees too hot.
This spa day cost my friend and I £99 each - it was not worth it. We thought we were going somewhere classy, instead we found out it was dirty and dilapidated. Would not go back and would not reccommend

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank BusyMum404
TORSpa, Manager at Tor Spa Retreat Ltd, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Dear Jo Simmonds

We are quite frankly appalled that you would falsely accuse one of our members of staff of stealing. This is quite simply NOT the case and the member of staff you have accused is devastated you would think such a thing. If you genuinely believed your key had been taken you should have asked to speak to me immediately.

This accusation plus a few other things you mention eg dusty curtains (we don't have any curtains). The fact that you activated our account as it was not previously registered on here, and you have no other "reviews" makes me believe that you are deliberately trying to jeopardise this business for reasons unknown to us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ickham
Canterbury Hotel
Canterbury Hotel
#4 of 16 in Canterbury
The Duke William Ickham
The Pilgrims Rest
The Pilgrims Rest
#2 of 2 in Littlebourne

Been to Tor Spa Retreat Ltd? Share your experiences!