“Call to check the menu before you go.”
Review of The Oak Room

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Johnny Cake Road
Description: The highly acclaimed restaurant at the Copper Beech Inn is one of Connecticut's preeminent dining destinations, consistently appearing among the top-rated restaurants in the state and the region. Selected as one of the "Top 100 Hotel Restaurants in America" by USA Today and Zagat, the Inn is one of only two restaurants in the state to hold both the coveted AAA Four-Diamond Award for 2010 and Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence." Our noted Chef, Noel Jones, prepares exciting dishes featuring a seasonal selection of the finest local ingredients and brings a wealth of culinary expertise to the restaurant. Selections from our 2,000-bottle wine cellar always creates a memorable dining experience for our guests.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have just returned from dinner (if you can call it that) at the Copper Beech Inn. This dinner was to be a celebration of my wife's birthday. We had disused several "up-scale" restaurants on the shoreline and based upon the on-line menu, chose the Copper Beech Inn. Following a 25 minute drive from Branford, we arrived and were seated only to be told that the two most important items on which we made our selection were no longer on the menu. We had both decided we wanted the tenderloin filet and french onion soup as both were listed on line. Very disappointed, we opted for the Copper Beech Burger.
I will say that the facility is beautiful, and the burgers and fries were top notch, but when you have your heart set on something, well.....
I strongly suggest that if you are making a dinner selection based upon what is shown on the menu on line, you call the restaurant to see if it is available.
While the birthday was far from a total washout, I could have stayed in town and had a burger just as good. I'll not be returning anytime soon.

4  Thank bob S

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We had a package which included a performance at The Ivoryton Playhouse and a three course pre fixe dinner at the Copper Beech Inn. The ambience at the bar was so appealing that we decided to have dinner there. What a mistake! We ordered a bottle of wine and our first course. Had to ask for bread when the bartender said the salads were coming. I asked for the goat cheese mousse on the side. It was a good thing I did because my husbands beet salad had none on it. The entrées were both very good, veal and salmon. No one asked us how anything was, and the bartender totally ignored us. We ordered the desserts to go, however they came served. We corrected this. The bar tender never came over to say anything about the mistake. We had to give the bill to the hostess. To sum it up: Nice atmosphere, good food, wonderful day at the Ivoryton Playhouse! It's nice that they are doing this together but the service at the Copper Beech Inn really needs improvement. It's hard to enjoy a good food experience when the service is so poor!

3  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

If you are considering the River Tavern or L&E , you should try this place. Best food I have had around here in years. Generous portions of great food. I was very pleasantly surprised. Glad we went! Not cheap but worth it

1  Thank Brian O
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We frequent many inns because we like have dinner and experience the quiet which an inn should offer. We have gone to Copper Beech before the new management and really enjoyed. However, renovations have been made and they have opened up the bar so the noise from the bar is heard from the surrounding tables unless you are seated in the bar. That happened to us because there were two weddings there and we had to sit adjacent to the bar. This should have been noted when making a reservation. The diners that night were a side note to the weddings and obviously the inn should have been shut down for the private affairs. It was not the ambience we were looking for. The foood was average so I don't think we will return. The only bright spot was our service.

4  Thank Janet C
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Planned a nice quiet romantic dinner for Saturday night but got anything bit that, We made reservations 5 days in advance so we could get a nice table to enjoy our evening. Instead we found out once we drove for 50 minutes to get there that we had to eat in the bar area because their was a wedding party occupying the restaurant area. Don't you think they could have told us that when we made the reservation and not once we were there and really couldn't just leave and go somewhere else! When you're expecting to drop $200 for a nice night out you would like it to be worth it. On top of that, they didn't even seem to care. BTW, their duck was chewy. I think they are looking to have that sports bar feel in the bar area. Loud.

3  Thank Fred353