“Average ”
Review of Gifford's

Gifford's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gifford's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Kent
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in beautiful Kent, Connecticut, offering seasonal New American cuisine with a menu of signature dishes and specials to please every palate. All our menu items highlight the freshest ingredients prepared entirely onsite. Skilled kitchen and wait staff, led by owners, Chef James Neunzig and Michael Moriarty, will provide you with a great dining experience in a warm and relaxed atmosphere. Come in and enjoy the pleasure of a wonderful meal. Hours Wednesday to Friday 5 to 9 pm Saturday noon to 9pm Sunday noon to 8 pm
“Average ”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I had heard so many wonderful things about this fairly new restaurant in the town of kent so I was very excited to try it out. Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed. We often eat at some of the other places in the area and other friends and family had been there and raved about it. We went with a few couples for dinner after work and I think they may have been unhappy about a larger group coming for a late dinner even though it was Saturday night.

We enjoyed a wonderful bottle of wine which was very reasonably priced. Our appetizers and meals came out fairly quickly and they were very accommodating for any special requests. My arugula, fig and goat cheese salad was just ok nothing remarkable. I ordered the salmon preparation with swordfish since they had swordfish as a special. It was cooked well and tasty. My husbands steak was not cooked well and his dinner wasn't very good. French fries were amazing.

We sat outside on the patio because it appeared as if the ac was not functioning properly inside and it was terribly warm inside. Unfortunately mosquitoes were quite a big problem.

We enjoyed our evening with our good company but our dinner was expensive and I'm not sure I would return.

Stamford, Connecticut
“Excellent Cuisine at Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Took out of town friends up to Kent Falls and decided to dine at a Kent restaurant, Giffords. I had read an article about this in my son's Canterbury Alumni magazine and noticed it was co-owned by a student in his class. It did not disappoint. Everyone was very pleased with their entree's, beautifully presented and really good. Restaurant was beautiful. All in all a great meal. Wish we lived a bit closer!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kathy H
DFW
“Wonderful light meal at the bar”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The service and food were great, light clean restaurant. Highly recommended by owner of Inn at Kent Falls

Visited May 2014
1 Thank bchernoff
Carmel, ny
“Nice treat in a great little town”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Was surprised to see the restaurant had changed ownership because I had not visited the area since it was sold a year or so ago. Food and drinks were really good and waitstaff Rosemary just could not have been more pleasant and welcoming. Inside and outside seating is available. Pleasant views on the outside and inside is just lovely. Full bar as well. Restaurant was not crowded because it was the first Saturday of the season it was open so it was just extremely pleasant to sit in peace and quiet and enjoy the moment. Kent, Ct. is an especially nice quaint little town with beautiful scenery and nice little shops. Nice hiking area as well. This restaurant is surely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank bgthemom
Bantam, Connecticut, United States
“if only the restaurant had delivered on the menu's promise”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

gorgeous menus, welcome change from the ubiquitous Italian restaurants in the area. menu read wonderfully; food, however, was just ok. my duck breast was perfectly cooked, husband's swordfish as well, but the calamari, salmon over pho, and hanger steak were ordinary. not inexpensive; new decor is definitely fun. will probably go again, but with lower expectations. dessert was WAY too fabulous.....

• Visited May 2014

Been to Gifford's? Share your experiences!