“Sweet little spot to grab dinner”
Review of Kingsley Tavern

Kingsley Tavern
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This tavern was recommended by our innkeepers at The Cornwall Inn. It has a great front and back patio which were packed so we say indoors in a lovely and thoughtfully decorated dining room.

We had a young girl for a server and she was great! There is a huge selection of draft and bottled beers and a nice wine list. I had a local IPA and my husband has a bottled Hefeweizen. For dinner we had fried pickles for an appetizer which were delicious and really lightly fried. I had a Singapore sandwich with pork belly which was reminiscent of bahn mi. My husband had a grass-fed burger with an egg on it. Both were very good. I thought the presentation was a bit bland but that was the only complaint.

This is a great, upscale tavern where I would like to enjoy a beer and a bit again. Prices were reasonable and the service was good.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Busy day since nice outside, so must sit inside which is fine. It's cave-like on a nice day, so one must tolerate or go elsewhere. Service is all over the place. Who is my server? They are nice but no clear organization and it's super busy. Food- lamburger special is well seasoned but is completely MUSHY - yuk. I ate what I could tolerate knowing it would take too long in the cave before I could go back outside. Tablemate burger raw - they bring back re-done on grill (health inspector?) after it was bitten into and condiments put on it. Why K'ant Kent get a good restaurant?

2  Thank santonez
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We ate here several times during our visit, including an early dinner while watching California Chrome win the Preakness. Typically eat at the bar, excellent food, though the bar menu is not large.

1  Thank bchernoff
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Kingsley Tavern has been on our list. Wanted to wait until the summer and holiday crowd left after reading earlier reviews. Early dinner on a Saturday. Friendly greeting from hostess. Choice of tables. Attentive waiter helped with our choices. During the meal the front room filled up. Nice atmosphere. We were very satisfied with our choices. Pork spring rolls app from the specials - very good. Local Pork chop w/ mashed sweet potatoes and vegetables was wonderful as was the Saigon pork belly sandwich. Liked the draft beer selection. The cocktails sounded interesting and looked good at the tables around us. Heard from friends who frequent and have been to brunch the bloody mary is fantastic. Very pleased with the dinner and service. Worth the trip.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Kingsley is relatively new and I have been there three times. Each time was fun event though not every dish was great We always left with a positive experience. It the way with new ventures you try succeed a some misses but that's what menu surfing is about. The staff and owner always went out of the way to make me feel welcome and you know in todays world that a star in itself.
I highly recommend the saigon sandwich and Lobster Mac.

Been to Kingsley Tavern? Share your experiences!