“Michelle "I keep coming back"”
Review of Fife 'n Drum Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kent
Fife 'n Drum Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Kent B&B and Inns
Roslyn, New York, United States
“Michelle "I keep coming back"”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I too am surprised by some of the reviews because I have been to the Fife 'n Drum several times since 1973 when it opened. The rooms are clean and well stocked with towels and pillows. The restaurant is enjoyable and the staff is friendly, honest and helpful. I left an expensive sweater in my room accident and when I called they said they had it and were going to mail it to me. We like to hike and bike and Kent offers numerous opportunities to do so. The prices were much more reasonable than the other places around town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle F
, Owner at Fife 'n Drum Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Michelle
Thank you for your feedback...very much appreciated! Your sweater is off in today's mail. Look forward to seeing you back at the Fife.
Elissa Potts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I am quite surprised by the below reviews. I have stayed at the Fife'n Drum Inn for years -- and was in fact there just recently -- and have never had anything but a delightful experience. Staff are kind, rooms are clean and quaint, and the food at the restaurant is fantastic -- which are the reasons my husband and I have stayed here throughout the years as we were visiting our kids at Kent School and camp in town. Personally, I never stay anywhere else in Kent.

Room Tip: Personal favorite is room #1. Favorite meal at the restaurant is the filet and the cesar salad - I g...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S P
, Owner at Fife 'n Drum Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for your review....we look forward to your return stay in the future...
I appreciate you for taking the time to write!
UK
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is an absolute hovel, I booked, got there, the room was musty, unhoovered and the bedsheets were from the night before, I turned on my heel and left - don't even think about staying here

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Elissa3509, Owner at Fife 'n Drum Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Yermononthemove
As the General Manager of the Fife 'n Drum, I am very sorry to read that you had a terrible experience at our Inn. It is difficult to put almost 40 years of energy into a business only to have someone describe it online using a word like "hovel". I can tell you that after each guest stays, the rooms are thoroughly cleaned, vacuumed and the sheets are changed. I will personally look into the quality of the linens and certainly speak to the housekeepers to prevent this from happening again, ever.... That being said, I really wish you had contacted me in person to let me know of all these problems, as I am physically on the property 24/7. If you are ever back in the area, we would hope you would revisit our Inn ....and be able to re-write your review. Please feel free to contact me at any time at 860.927.3509 OR info@fifendrum.com
I hope to hear from you.
Elissa Potts

Travellers are raving about these Kent hotels

Pepperell MA
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This place is the pits. Dirty, dusty, sheets are pilled, mattresses are old, peeling wallpaper, paper thin walls. Trash in the parking lot. You won't sleep a wink listening to your neighbors in their bathroom and thinking about how much you paid to stay here. You need to go to the restaurant to check in, and don't try asking questions, nobody cares.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol C
, Owner at Fife 'n Drum Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Carol C
I am sorry for not replying sooner, but I would like to address your complaints. You said no one cares, but you are wrong, I care each and every day about everything going on at both the Inn and Restaurant. I can tell you that after each guest stays, the rooms are thoroughly cleaned, vacuumed and the sheets are changed. You mentioned the quality of the linens, and I promise I will personally look into this problem. I do wish you had contacted me personally because I am on the premises 24/7. While Trip Advisor does allow you to vent, if you had contacted me in person at that time, I would have done anything within my power to make you comfortable. If you are ever back in the area, we would like you to please come and enjoy a night at our Inn as our guest....and be able to re-write your review with a much more favorable rating and comments. Please feel free to contact me at any time at 860.927.3509 or info@fifendrum.com....I look forward to hearing from you.

express these concerns, email and Trip Advisor are so impersonal
Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I must say this is the worst place I have stayed in recent memory. The feel of Room #2 was old, musty, dirty. Like a previous review, the room we stayed in was screaming for a make over. The twin bed in this room was very soft and lumpy. The bed linens needed cleaning. The shower head was very old and dirty. I've learned my lesson....Drive a bit out of town for a better experience. Also, the walls were paper thin and I could hear our neighbors quite clearly :/

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jwilkins23
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Rooms are tired, dirty and over priced. There is, however, a wonderful view of the adjoining restaurant parking lot and dumpster.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob L
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed at the Fife-N-Drum to visit relatives over the Thanksgiving holiday. When I went to check in on the 23rd, I had to go to the restaurant to get the key to room. I was given some gesture of how to find the guest room which had stairs at the back of the building of the Inn. Upon finding the stairs, it basically looked like I was walking up to the second floor of someone's garage. The stairs were in poor condition and that should have clued me in on what I would find when I entered the room. While the room was "clean", the carpet was stained, furniture was mismatched and broken in several spots, some of the light fixtures did not even work, and the ceiling fan sounded like someone threw loose change in it when it was on. There was a mini refrigerator in the room which was not even in a cabinet. It was sitting on the floor underneath the antiquated mini-tv that was on a haphazard shelf on the wall. Our room (Oak Room number 6) had the capability of being an adjoining room to the one next door. Our neighbors decided to come home and put their tv on at 2:00am as well as to talk incessantly. It sounded as if they were in the room with us. Oh, and the complimentary juice/coffee/tea, consisted of a plastic bottle of apple juice that looked like it had been there for years and a mini can of grapefuit juice. The towels even felt like sand paper. There was nothing about the room that was "charming." For the $340 I spent for two nights (which it was a two night minimum), I would have expected much more than what we got. The owners should be embarrassed about the condition of the room and how it is being presented. The place needs a serious facelift. The only redeeming quality of the place is how close it is to the center of town. One final thing, they might tell you that if you pay in cash or traveler's cheques, you can get a "discount." I opted to pay with a credit card.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PRL P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Homestead Inn
#2 of 15 in Danbury
The Cornwall Inn
The Cornwall Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall

Been to Fife 'n Drum Inn? Share your experiences!