“Could not have been nicer”
Review of Inn at Kent Falls

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kent
Inn at Kent Falls
Ranked #2 of 7 Kent B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We went to the Inn at Kent Falls for our 20th wedding anniversary. We arrived a bit early and were welcomed by Ira, the owner of the Inn, and were allowed to check in at the time. Ira introduced us to James, the Inn Keeper, who was pleasant and helpful, showing us the main floor and then to our room. We stayed in the Meadow Room and the furnishings were comfortable and immaculate. We headed out to see the falls and got stuck in a horrible downpour. Roads had closed due to downed trees and we called the Inn and spoke to James. James gave us some directions to try to get around the downed trees. We had to take the long way around and arrived back at the Inn around three hours later. Several other guests had arrived and we were able to speak with several of them prior to departing for dinner. Barbara was the keeper on duty when we arrived home and she was splendid in her explanation of the history home and its origins. Barbara's daughter works at the Inn too and we just wished we had the time to have met her too.

The morning arrived and we were served Fritata's with fresh baked bread for breakfast, with fresh strawberries and currant. Everything was delivered to us in a beautiful dining room setting. We headed out for the day to downtown Kent and arrived back at the Inn around 2:00 pm. We went for a swim in the in ground pool and I surprised my wife with a massage that Ira had arranged for in a private room. Sylvia, the massage therapist, gave my wife "The best massage ever, better than any she has ever had", and all in the comfort of the Inn.

We headed out to dinner at a restaurant Ira recommended and had the best Scandinavian food.

The second morning we were greeted by Ira with a vegetable quiche and fresh baked banana nut bread that James had made. Everyone arrived for breakfast and we exchanged conversation with all of the guests.

I have to say that I have been to a few different Inns in my life, but have never experienced such a pleasant group of people, both Inn employees and guests, and we will definitely be back to stay here in the future!

Room Tip: The Meadow Room was quiet, on the second floor, and at the end of the house. We didn't even kno...

Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is only my second review ever of a property.......If you are going to be anywhere near Kent or New Milford CT, you have to stay at the Inn at Kent Falls. The owner Ira and wonderful Inn keeper Barbra make you feel like you are at your own home, they could not be more accommodating and the property itself is an absolute gem. I have not stayed at many B&Bs and usually stay at 5 star properties, so I was a little leery when my wife told me where she wanted to stay....but I was thoroughly impressed with my experience at the Inn. This is a spectacular place, that you have to experience. I cannot say enough good things about our weekend at the Inn.

Room Tip: Make sure you look on the website and call for the best available room...the one room on the first f...
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This was our second stay at the Inn at Kent Falls for my husband and me. We were here last March and came again last week and had a splendid time. Ira is very gracious host and Barbara and the rest are just as nice and welcoming. We stayed in the very spacious Lakes Suite for both trips and enjoyed the big inviting bed, deep claw-footed tub and large separate shower. The Inn is immaculately clean and decorated beautifully. Breakfast is always delicious and ready when you are with a nice varied selection. The Inn is just minutes from the Kent Falls where there are a few easy hiking trails as well. There's a lot to explore in NW Connecticut and the Inn at Kent Falls is a perfect place to have as your starting point. We look forward to returning again!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

This was our second stay at the Inn and we are already homesick. My Best friend son went to school at Marvelwood boarding school and he graduated last week. We are going to have to come up with some excuse to go back up there for our stay at the Inn was fabulous!!!! Everything and everyone there are so kind and sweet and the Inn is spotless.The weather is perfect and its so nice waking and smelling the food that is cooked for everyone daily. Ira the owner Barbra and James are first class people and I was so sad when we left.I just had to hug James goodbye and keep barbra up talking to me the last night it was so much fun.Thank all of you.

Room Tip: Make sure you call and ask for a Corner suite and try and get a bottom Floor if you have alot of lug...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank sudiemccoolmoyse
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My second stay at the Inn at Kent Falls and perfection again. The owner and staff are amazing, the place gorgeous and clean, the breakfast incredible. Anyone who could find fault is simply ridiculous.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Clearly there isn’t much more anyone can say about this lovely place. My husband and I decided to take a last minute weekend getaway. After researching a number of locations and bed and breakfast/inns we decided on The Inn at Kent Falls. It was a very reasonable drive for us, but allowed for us to feel as if we “went some where!”

The inn is in an easy to get to location. It is right on Rout 7 CT. and can be seen easily from the road. Once you arrive the staff is warm and welcoming. We stayed in the Lakes room. It was on the ground floor but felt private and comfortable. The room and bath room were lovely, well appointed and tasteful. The bathtub alone was well worth the stay! We were there for two nights, and enjoyed the breakfast each morning. There is always access to coffee…and ice and the public rooms are as lovely as the room we stayed in.

We of course were there “off season” so it was a very quite and relaxing visit.
The area is beautiful and there is enough to do if you wish. Outdoors walks to hikes, antiquing and good food are all around. We defiantly would stay there again.

Room Tip: the larger bathroom was worth the price difference
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

There is nothing small town about this exceptional Inn except for the friendly, first-class service you receive from Ira Goldspiel, the owner, who personally ensures your stay is absolutely marvelous.
Diane

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Homestead Inn
#2 of 3 in New Milford
The Cornwall Inn
The Cornwall Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall

Been to Inn at Kent Falls? Share your experiences!