“I can't wait to go back; over and over and over again”
Review of Club Getaway

Club Getaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kent
Brockton, Massachusetts
“I can't wait to go back; over and over and over again”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I am just south of Boston (25 miles) so it took me about 3.5 hours to get there. Not a bad ride, I considered the distance just like going up to N. Conway.

I was first to arrive, so yes they don't let you in until 5:30. That was alright, I just hung out in the parking lot and chatted with the early arrivals. In fact; car number 2 and I ended up eating together a few times, doing activities together etc. Great people from New York. Who says Boston and NY can't mix?

Gosh, I just want to type a book here. I really have two negative things and the rest I am going to go back to positive. You see I gave it 5 stars so the negative does not win over what kind of place this is. The first negative; I had a friend that went with some of her pals. There were 4 of them and 1 of me. I was and still am cool with sharing a cabin with someone else, the only thing is that they couldn't have put us further apart. They told me they would put us close together, however I was over on lakeside (12b) and they were all the way over by the trampoline. I checked with the office to double check I did everything right while making my reservations and it was clear in the notes, but it must have been overlooked. We got together, but I think we would have crossed paths, been together a tad more if we weren't separated. In fact; they left earlier than I did and if we were closer we would have connected to say good-bye. Instead we caught up on our drives back. The second thing that bothered me was the "goodie bags" they gave the folks that bought a groupon/zozi. I got one, but it bothered me that everyone did not get one. The people that booked directly with the club did not qualify for the goodie bag, but the folks that got a discount off of groupon, zozi, or wherever they got their discount did get one. I sat with a couple at breakfast that paid full price and did not get the bags; they were disappointed. They asked and I am sure others that did not get the bags asked; "how did you get those?" I was a tad bothered that something so nice was not given to everyone (felt like most got it but not everyone got it). I think it should have been the right thing to do from this place, cause this couples disappointment really spread. Why not make everyone happy with that nice gift? Then they can pass them out on night one and their club advertisement will be noticed wherever people are from.

I am so impressed that I want you that is reading this to give this place a shot. Well that is if you are an open minded person and likes to meet people and have fun. Don't go pay a few hundred bucks to go lay at the beach there, you are going to take part in activities. If you want to go to the beach, go to the ocean. Now that said; you can go here and lay at the beach if you want to. =) There are things located everywhere, tennis, zip lines, swing, trampoline, so its really not like one location is better than the other. You are an active person to pick an activity weekend, so walking to and from activities is part of it.

There are so many activities you're going to be torn of which ones you want to do. You want to bike ride, hike, play tennis, jump on a trampoline.. Do it- why? Cause you can! I did swashbuckling, jumped on the trampoline, zip lined, pub hike, keg softball, flip-cup, took a tennis lesson, chair zumba. I really only spent $25 the whole weekend. You don't have to tip, but I did tip the girl that brought my luggage and the girl that took my luggage back to where I caught the van. I do that at hotels and I felt it was only proper to do that. Have a few bucks on you for that. This weekend was known as the adventure weekend (I am sure different weekends offer different things), but what I can tell you is that this place knows how to organize. One detail that really stands out is the staff. There are staff members everywhere. If there are not enough visitors ready to play volleyball, a staff member steps in and covers a spot until others show up. Not enough visitors to play dodge ball, there are staff members that are the fillers. How many times have you gone away to go play volleyball and there not be enough players? Maybe basketball? This place, you get to play. That stood out to me more than once, and they have fun while they are doing it.

The food was amazing! Yes, I said this and yes I have been on a ton of cruises and sometimes walked away saying the food could have been better. This place does the food right! I do think it gets crowded between breakfast and your lunch but if you wait 10 minutes or maybe get your dessert plate first then go back and get your food plate, you will be fine. I think the staff should kick back those first 10 minutes during lunch and wait for the lines to die down to help with that, but overall the food and its presentation was awesome!

I hope this review helps! I had two awesome roommates that did not know me before Friday, I met a ton of great people, enjoyed myself in some cases a tad too much, danced, made smores, laughed and laughed.... A cool experience that will be hard to beat. I think they need a frequent visitor program for someone like me =)

Rock On,

Kim

Room Tip: I think wherever you stay is going to great =)
7 Thank bstnldy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Admitedly we were a bit surprised when we first got there. My wife made the reservations and didn't fully research that this is a true sleep away camp for kids that hosts adults on the weekends. You will be sleeping in a wood cabin that is one big room shared by 3-6 beds depending on the room you select. It isn't the greatest of sleeping arrangements but it is comfortable if you are with a group or open with new people. We went as a group of four so it wasn't bad. The room aside the rest of the trip was great. It is situated on a small lake in Kent Connecticut that has a small swimming area, a small loop for jet skiing, canoeing and paddle boarding. They have organized hiking trips that take to into the adjacent mountain with a beautiful view and an option to repel down a short wall and climb back up. They have zip line, trapeze, bungee trampoline, and a host of other outdoor activities. For the less adventurous there is zumba, wine tasting class, and yoga. The food is included and good. Dinner comes with wine and entertainment. The rest of the time you pay for drink tickets but it is reasonable $4/beer $8/mix drink. The staff were all very friendly and did a great job running all of the activities. The area is out of the way but beautiful located in a valley between two mountains/big hills. On the way there you will pass farms. The atmosphere of the place and that the camp creates is great and makes everyone much more friendly.
Overall it is a great time. Just be prepared that it is really a camp and not a resort. Aside from the cabins I would give the rest of the experience an excellent rating.

Room Tip: If possible book early and ask for a double occupancy only or try to travel in a group of 4 so you c...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank J J
South Shore, MA
Reviewed 21 August 2013

WHOA! ..No! This is not Club Getaway..This is "Fantasy Island"..only difference is there's no sea plane..you get taken away by the little blue bus!

I've been here twice! Where do you begin! You can find coupons almost anywhere! Zozi & Groupon for starters. AND..if not in January if you book early you save a ton of money! Damn..why am I telling you all my secrets to this place.

I've been in October for Fall Fest and just got back from sports weekend. I think I've used muscles I never knew existed! My first trip was with my Best Friend. We loved it so much we came back with two more people. I've already planned my 3rd trip in a few weeks!! Can you say new Club Getaway Addiction? Ahm, yeah!

The rooms have been upgraded a bit since the first visit and it just keeps getting better! They are just the cutest little cabins! It's totally an adult getaway on the weekends. But, I know they also have family weekends, too! No one under 21 is allowed on the adult weekends!! YAY!! This place is VERY WELL taken care of! The grounds are manicured perfectly. Everything is absolutely gorgeous. They take pride in this place. The owner David goes above and beyond to make you very happy. The entire staff is there to make your stay as pleasant as possible. From the minute you get out of your vehicle they run over and pick up your bags and your off to have the best weekend of your life!

The food is absolutely delicious. Both nights for dinner are sit down meals with several courses and both are served with wine that are complimentary! Breakfast is buffet style and you can have almost anything you can possibly imagine. Lunch is definitely my favorite..the desserts alone are enough to make you gain 10 lbs. just looking at them..I was so overwhelmed just walking around trying to figure out what to pick for lunch. There are just so many options. Even vegeterians will be happy!!

You will make friends here so quickly. Everyone is great! I've talked to people who have been coming here for 10+ years. You pay one fee to come here..No hidden costs..I mean NONE! The only thing you ever pay for is alcohol! That's it!!

They make sure you are very well take care of...They have towels on your bed including a bath towel, hand towel and face cloth. They even have one water bottle, too! They had water placed all over the resort with cups, so everyone stayed hydrated at all times. They didn't leave anything out!

The only tips I can even tell you is to bring:
Bug spray & a small flash light for at night!

You'll love this place!!!

***MOST IMPORTANTLY***
**Best advice I can give is make sure you get up early the next morning and sign up for the fun activities you really want to do..so you don't miss out! You have to sign up for some of the popular activities at 8:30 a.m!!**

Trust me..You will be happy you did all the above..I was!!

Room Tip: Choose a Mountain View Room that way if you want to go home early from the nightclub you will not he...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank krazyrkamping
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My 2 best friends and I went to Camp, I mean Club Getaway this past weekend and had just the best time. I was completely prepared (having gone to sleep away camp for 16 summers in the Berkshires) to rough it, but this was better than roughing it! The cabins were adorable and they even had air conditioning. Not too fancy, but definitely cute. The shower is what I expected but the bathroom in total is a good size. We had a triple.

Arrival was pretty easy and they had a serious spread at the cocktail party. To say the least, the food was amazing. Breakfast and Lunch were our favorites as they could not have put out more food if they tried. You could get waffles, french toast, made to order omelets, potatoes, fruit, juice, cereal, tea(s), coffee..lunch was unreal with a crazy dessert bar, tacos, pizza, carving stations, fancy breads, hamburgers, pasta, stir-fry, fresh meat...just wonderful. Dinner was very good and served as a sit-down meal. Tea, coffee and water are available all day for free.

The activities are going all day long (if you want), we did archery, sword fighting, softball, trapeeze, hiking, walking, the lake, COLOR WAR was great fun for all, boating, relaxing....and at night...people just go to the club, a camp fire or get to know one another. I found the people to be great and really supportive of one another, especially when others were trying a sport that they were new to.

The staff was great and really helped make the weekend great. David and Big John are on top of things. Most of the full time staff are from other countries and they are just a pleasure. The weekend staff are local and all volunteer...amazing! The grounds are gorgeous and it is a place that I found peaceful and we will all go back next year for sure!

Looking forward to summer 2014!!

4 Thank JaimeBrooklyn
Bellmore, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I registered for one of their theme weekends via a promotion, and waited for a confirmation email. And waited. And waited. It took several calls over the course of three weeks to finally receive an email receipt, despite the fact that my credit card was charged immediately. Okay, so maybe their registration system was down...

I arrived at the camp, and found out that they had no record of my registering with the promotion. I showed them my receipt, which included the promotion, and they were confused. It took asking three people to verify that yes, the promotion existed and no, I wasn't making it up. When I finally received the promotion package, it was missing two of the major components. A week and a half, two phone calls, two emails, and an in-person meeting later, and I still have not heard back regarding the missing components.

I got to my cabin, and it was rustic. If you're looking for the summer camp experience, this was it. No problems, except the A/C wasn't working. I went back to registration, and they did fix it fairly quickly. I met my roommates, and they made the weekend for me. The weekend I went to was a singles trip, and there was no age restriction. The median age was late 40s-early 50s. Activities were very loosely organized - "intro" activities included instructions like "Here's a kayak paddle. You climb into the boat, and off you go!" and many activities people were unprepared for. The hikes were more like easy walks for anyone who is a true hiker, and the tennis lessons were all beginner-level. The waterfront area is nice, but there are not many lounge chairs. If you're looking for light fun, this is a great place to be. If you're looking for a good workout or hard adventures, this is not it. Breakfast and lunch were great, but dinner was rationed. Wine is free at dinner, and all other drinks are $2 for soda, $4 for beer, and $5-$8 for other drinks throughout the day.

In all, the staff doesn't seem to know or care much about anything, but the facilities are alright and the activities might be fun depending on what you're expecting.

4 Thank michelle j
United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Amazing execution of one of the most fun weekends I have had in a long time. Staff was amazing, friendly, fun - tons of activities, great to meet new people excellent food. I will definitely be coming back again!

Room Tip: try to get a cabin near lake front
1 Thank Ashley G
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just spent the past weekend at Club Getaway and I loved it!!!! No complaints what so ever. The food was excellent, the staff was excellent and the activities were excellent. I enjoyed the CO-ed Keg softball, Dodgeball, Color wars and the Beer Hike which was incredible. The concert Saturday night was hilarious too. I honestly didnt want to leave Sunday afternoon. I'm sold on this place and I'm definitely going every year. I wasted years not going to this place, but now I'm going to make up for it big time. Ive done cruises, visited other countries, vacationed in the united states, but this place has me sold not to do anything else but go here. I played flip cup for the very first time and thats the best game of all time. I really enjoyed all the team sports that were offered. Great place A++++

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kweku P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Homestead Inn
#1 of 1 in Brookfield
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Salisbury

Been to Club Getaway? Share your experiences!