“I came, I saw and bolted, within 2 hours.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Getaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kent
Club Getaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kent
New York City, New York
“I came, I saw and bolted, within 2 hours.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

In reading the other negative reviews, I must warn you, dear reader, that they are right on the beam. I was feeling the urge to move out of my comfort zone, but I sized up the place within 20 minutes. There was a mix up with my accommodations, for which I paid top price, once settled, the room was disgusting and one of my potential roommates was a surly moron, who was greatly loved, because he goes almost every weekend. DO NOT GO ALONE. These people are a clique - and such a fuss, when the literature ALCOHOL is prohibited on the grounds and the booze was flowing. I never went to camp and thank goodness. I thought I was having the freedom to walk around the grounds and partake or not as I wished. I, especially, wanted to go to the lovely town of Kent - but found out I was severely restricted. This is for young people and people who have gone there for years. Terribly unfriendly, FILTHY - I was petrified of bed bugs, I was gone within two or three hours of arrival. To spend an entire weekend with drunken louts, who were surly sober, is not my idea of a good time. Litchfield is beautiful beyond belief and MUST be explored, but this is NOT the way to do it - at least not for me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
24 Thank joni208

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We wanted something different for my friends bachelorette party. She loves camping but some of the other girls do not. We found Club Getaway and decided that was a great alternative. It was very different from any other bachelorette party we've been to. We had 12 girls go down for the Young Professionals Weekend and it was an amazing time! Because we had a large group the bachelorette was free of charge and the prices were super reasonable for everyone else. All of the food is included, the lodging and all of the activities. Alcohol was even included at dinner both nights!
Our first night there, the bachelorette sprained her ankle dancing. This could've ruined the whole trip but the staff at Club Getaway and the owner David were so amazing to us. David gave us his cell phone number so that we could call for a golf cart to get her around where she needed to go. They were so great, I can't thank them enough.
There are soooooooo many different activities that we were all able to do what we wanted to do and try a lot of new things. I chose to take the introduction to stunt fighting class which was awesome. We then tried trapeze which was hilarious. Some girls did archery and ziplining. Then we all had a wine tasting with Horst who was so great.
The food is awesome which you don't always get with an all inclusive. They had a lot of options for everyone and they had plenty of it. We enjoyed happy hour on the beach with a reggae band, a country western themed night topped off by a bonfire with s'mores. The staff are so friendly and helpful and we really can't thank them enough.
Whether you're planning a girls weekend, bachelorette, or family weekend, this is definitely something to try. Only 3 hours from Boston and definitely worth the trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jen R
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just returned from the Young Professionals Weekend and had an absolute BLAST! I went solo and by dinner I had met a ton of awesome new people. The activities were great and I cannot say enough positive things about the staff. You can tell that they love what they do. How's the food you ask? Phenomenal! I was not expecting such a variety of gourmet dishes. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking for a weekend escape from reality. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank JNM9816
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We traveled from Florida to visit Club getaway. It was worth the trip !

This is not a high priced park where activities are preplanned, there are no roller coasters. You can participate in as much or as little as you like and all rides do not end in the gift shop.

This is a great way to spend a vacation with your kids, with everyone enjoying the things they like. Club Getaway offers a family midweek. this allows the family to vacation together but keeps the kids occupied and happy with lots of activities. The parents can join in some or all of the activities or just sit back and relax at the lake while the kids have fun. My kids were able to climb rock walls. zip across the forest on multiple zip lines. swim, tube, water ski, archery or climb across an amazing tight rope suspended from the trees.

This is a hidden Gem in Kent Conn. where families can spend memorable times with their kids rather than sending their kids away.

All of the Staff, the Chef and the owner were all great. They went out of there way to be sure that you enjoy your vacation.

Room Tip: Sta sown near the lake if you like to be in the center of the action. or stay near the dining room i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank anotherhappy-campers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

There are not enough positive adjectives in the english language to describe Club Getaway! I did not want to leave and go back to the routine of normal life. I wanted to stay in Club Getaway forever. The beautiful environment is relaxing. The view of the lake with the sun shining off it, and the green grass, combined with quiet and the soft sounds of nature, make you feel so at peace. The people all smile at you and say good morning. It really feels like paradise.
Too much of one thing is not good for anyone. So, when the tranquil atmosphere begins to grow boring, you can find many exciting activities at club getaway. You will meet many great people while dining on the delicious food. After dinner everyone goes to the Boathouse to party! Clubgetaway has the perfect mix of excitement and relaxation. I would highly recommend visiting!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank John P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Was at Club Getaway this past weekend with some friends didn't really know what to expect but man was my mind blown. If your a nature lover this place is a must, a beautiful landscape to explore and you can hike all over. They have some crazy activities like zip lining so you'll be very occupied during the day. My personal favorite was kayaking around the lake. The food there was much better then I expected and the staff helps you out with anything you may need. At night they have some great camping related activities like roasting marsh mellows by the campfire. This was a much needed break from the hectic city. If you ever need a break from your busy life defiantly head over to Club Getaway!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DEckstein88
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I recently went on the Club Getaway weekend and had a Blast. The staff were amazing and special shout outs to: Greer (my name buddy), Bluto, the Director of entertainment, Liam staffer, Karla and Robyn weekend staffers and the head chef. They all made the experience that much better. The activities were more than I could have expected and the food was AMAZING. I'm already planning another weekend for me and my friends. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If your doing a couples trip than I recommend getting the upgrade so you don't have to share a r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greer410
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Litchfield Inn
Newbury Inn
Newbury Inn
#1 of 1 in Brookfield
Starbuck Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Club Getaway? Share your experiences!