“Great weekend experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Getaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kent
Club Getaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kent
New York City, New York
“Great weekend experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Since I had gone to sleepaway camp for 11 years, I was very happy to be back in to the camp atmosphere. If you haven't gone to camp, the flimsy mattresses and no-frills bathroom may come as a bit of a surprise but I was happy to spend a weekend pretending to be a camper again. I actually found the cabins to be in pretty good shape compared to other camps I have seen. Yes, there are bugs because you are in the woods. Make sure to bring plenty of bug spray and mentally prepare yourself to see the occasional spider on the wall and you'll be fine. The activities were fantastic and well run. I have to say that I was most impressed by the food. The amount of selections and the quality of the cooking was amazing. Would definitely go back for another weekend and bring friends or if I went with my boyfriend again I would upgrade to stay in a cabin with him instead of the random bunk mate situation. If you are looking for an exhausting weekend full of great activities that will make you feel like a kid again Club Getaway is a great option. We are still trying to recover two days later but were a bit ambitious with our activity selection and lack of sleep due to late nights at the camp-dance-style parties.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Club getaway is amazing. Who knew adults can have more fun at summer camp than kids ! I don't have anything bad to say about this place. The food was great, the views are amazing and the activities are fun ! The environment, staff and people are all fantastic and comforting. I already started recommending it to my friends, family and coworkers !! I mean who doesn't enjoy sports and activities in the day and parties and bonfires in the night! It's awesome and i am definitely going back. Five stars for club getaway, without a single doubt!!

• Stayed July 2014
Fresh Meadows, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect going to an adult summer camp but Club Getaway was an amazing experience. The weekend consisted of sports, alcohol and socializing. Everyone from the visitors to the staff were incredibly friendly. The food was great. Breakfast and lunch were buffets while dinner was multiple courses with wine included. There were so many activities to partake in, that I was busy all day. To end the night, there was a huge party and a bonfire to attend, depending on your taste. I can't wait to go again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jamaica, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

1. Friendly and efficient staff. From the time that we got there we were greeted by them and guided to our destinations with thorough instruction and detail.

2. Food was good and heavy. Made to please everyone. No complaints here.

3. Having the activities open to whoever decided to show up was good but it could've been more eventful if everyone was separated at random and split into groups. Have the groups compete against each other for greater prizes than pieces of paper like discounted group trips or the alcohol tickets (!!!)

Overall, I had a great time and will be going again in the very near future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rudemiester
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were at Young Professionals weekend a few weeks ago and even though we might have been some of the oldest people there, we had a great time! From zip lining and waterskiing to rock climbing and long walks with great friends, there is something for everyone. The accommodations were clean and the food was better than any all-inclusive resort we have been too! Top-notch staff also! The entertainment and activities are endless. I highly recommend it for a weekend away with friends or your significant other...either way, you are in for a weekend of fun! We hope to be able to take the kids for family camp sometime soon.

• Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

In reading the other negative reviews, I must warn you, dear reader, that they are right on the beam. I was feeling the urge to move out of my comfort zone, but I sized up the place within 20 minutes. There was a mix up with my accommodations, for which I paid top price, once settled, the room was disgusting and one of my potential roommates was a surly moron, who was greatly loved, because he goes almost every weekend. DO NOT GO ALONE. These people are a clique - and such a fuss, when the literature ALCOHOL is prohibited on the grounds and the booze was flowing. I never went to camp and thank goodness. I thought I was having the freedom to walk around the grounds and partake or not as I wished. I, especially, wanted to go to the lovely town of Kent - but found out I was severely restricted. This is for young people and people who have gone there for years. Terribly unfriendly, FILTHY - I was petrified of bed bugs, I was gone within two or three hours of arrival. To spend an entire weekend with drunken louts, who were surly sober, is not my idea of a good time. Litchfield is beautiful beyond belief and MUST be explored, but this is NOT the way to do it - at least not for me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
24 Thank joni208
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We wanted something different for my friends bachelorette party. She loves camping but some of the other girls do not. We found Club Getaway and decided that was a great alternative. It was very different from any other bachelorette party we've been to. We had 12 girls go down for the Young Professionals Weekend and it was an amazing time! Because we had a large group the bachelorette was free of charge and the prices were super reasonable for everyone else. All of the food is included, the lodging and all of the activities. Alcohol was even included at dinner both nights!
Our first night there, the bachelorette sprained her ankle dancing. This could've ruined the whole trip but the staff at Club Getaway and the owner David were so amazing to us. David gave us his cell phone number so that we could call for a golf cart to get her around where she needed to go. They were so great, I can't thank them enough.
There are soooooooo many different activities that we were all able to do what we wanted to do and try a lot of new things. I chose to take the introduction to stunt fighting class which was awesome. We then tried trapeze which was hilarious. Some girls did archery and ziplining. Then we all had a wine tasting with Horst who was so great.
The food is awesome which you don't always get with an all inclusive. They had a lot of options for everyone and they had plenty of it. We enjoyed happy hour on the beach with a reggae band, a country western themed night topped off by a bonfire with s'mores. The staff are so friendly and helpful and we really can't thank them enough.
Whether you're planning a girls weekend, bachelorette, or family weekend, this is definitely something to try. Only 3 hours from Boston and definitely worth the trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jen R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Litchfield Inn
Newbury Inn
Newbury Inn
#1 of 1 in Brookfield
Starbuck Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Club Getaway? Share your experiences!