“Really bad experience”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ate here with a group of 6., but there seemed to be a larger party upstairs. Service very rushed... When I asked if a meal could be altered I received an eye roll, then the answer yes while her head shook no... I asked which one was it?

Food was metocore for NYC standards and even other places I dined on my trip. Lovely building and room however.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We are there for dinner for my wife birthday and everything was amazing from appetizers dishes and the service. And big thank you too Karen for the desert I appreciate the and thanks for the amazing atmosphere !

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We came on a Saturday night and reservations were quickly honored. Wait staff was quite cheerful and attentive. Restaurant is located in a restored old home. Well done. Food was quite good as well.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We first looked at the menu on the restaurant's website and seeing some dishes which we were interested in ordering, decided to go. We were seated immediately and the inside of the restaurant was cozy and inviting and the waitstaff was quick and attentive; however, the info on the website was not current and we discovered most of the menu had changed upon reading it once seated. We were highly disappointed as we already had in mind the dishes we were going to order. Seeing nothing appealing to our tastes, we decided to leave. So don't depend on the menu on the website. Maybe we'll give the place a chance next time.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We came here after a concert at Music Mountain for an early Sunday dinner. The environment is lovely, with a fireplace which glowed with candles for the June afternoon. The restaurant is in a house which I would guess dates from the 18th Century, but I'm no expert.

The menu was varied with creative choices and old favorites. We started with a watermelon soup with berries so delicious I was almost tempted to order two more bowls and skip the entree, but, bowing to tradition, continued to the delicately spiced Moroccan lamb. My friend raved over a perfectly prepared plump trout served with vegetables and fingerling potatoes.

Portions were large enough to discourage dessert except for the hardiest of diners. Service was perfect, helpful and not stuffy. I'm trying to think of excuses to spend more time in Lakeville and come back to sample more.