“A Great Stay at the INN”
Review of Wake Robin Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakeville
Wake Robin Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Lakeville B&B and Inns
NYC
“A Great Stay at the INN”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I cannot say enough about the Wake Robin Inn. I am a Hotchkiss School mom and had my first experience there last week. Thank you to the wonderful Terry and Shaffin, my stay was a complete joy and it is a complete jewel. I hate to share my secret spot with all the other Prep School moms as I will surely loose out on reservation availability, but I owe it to the owners to say what a wonderful place they have. I loved the roaring fireplace, complimentary wine bar, chocolate bar, and hot cider in the evenings. A perfect fall foliage, school stop over. As I was experimenting, trying different bed and breakfasts for my Hotchkiss years, I think the brakes have been put on here. The very RL style rooms along with a terrific breakfast bar of yogurt parfait and fresh whole wheat bagels, sealed my decision. My first night visiting my son at Hotchkiss could not have been more lovely and I look forward to more stays at the INN as I live in London and now have found a home away from home. Thank you for a great stay at the Inn. Cherrie

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cherrieNyc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Goshen, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 September 2012

One night left me refreshed and wanting more. Great rooms, friendly staff. All details well thought out! They even welcomed us to spend our entire check out day enjoying the grounds and facility. Cant wait to plan my next trip, and this time take my husband along.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Hillsdale, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My new wife Joy & I had an absolutely AMAZING wedding. It was everything we could have ever asked for. Owners Michael & Shaffin were so incredible through the entire process. Staying there, really felt like I was at home. The Wake Robin Inn was the first and only venue we checked out and although we didn't want to make any decisions that day, we walked out with a contract signed. From the incredibly decorated rooms to the helpful and kind hearted staff, it was beyond what we could have asked for. Tank you from the very bottom of our hearts.
<3,
Rachel & Joy Canter

Room Tip: All the rooms are BEAUTIFUL and unique.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MyMia
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Reviewed 4 August 2012

While attending a wedding nearby, we literally stumbled into Wake Robin Inn. Our previous Inn was flooded out, our good luck! They found us rooms at Wake Robin Inn. The staff was welcoming and professional, just fantastic! They treated us like royalty and accomodated our every need. The Inn is beautiful, a piece of heaven in the CT hills. Our next trip to the area will be just to go to Wake Robin Inn, enjoy the beauty, the lush hills and wonderful staff. Thank you everyone for your graciousness!
Lauren, FL

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Vienna, VA
Reviewed 3 August 2012

While planning to attend a funeral service in nearby Sharon, we stumbled on the Wake Robin Inn website. Most places that met our requirements were miles away and as we read the reviews and description of Wake Robin we were convinced this was the place to stay. We were not disappointed! Despite our sad reason for visiting the Inn, we were comforted by the attentive and friendly staff, the ambiance and "homey" feel of the Inn and the quiet country surroundings. We would recommend this Inn for anyone who cherishes and appreciates the amenities of gentile hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MommaBVienna_VA
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Beautifully redecorated, updates rooms, wonderful staff, bucolic setting - what a romantic place to stay in the Berkshires! Handy to the track at Lime Rock Park, close to several restaurant choices - the Wake Robin Inn is a destination onto itself - not a random hostelry just off the interstate!

I first stayed here 30 years ago when the Norwegian guy ran the inn, and over the years stayed here when there was a nice restaurant, and later when a lively bistro ran off the deck in the back (hosted by the lovely Eve) -- and while they now cater big events, the current menu is a pleasant breakfast that I'll call 'contnental plus', and in the evening complimentary basic beverages. The team here is most kind - from Sierra to Linda, with the guys as well, making one feel as this is a weekend stay at some one's big country house.

Wake Robin in is a great alberge for a race weekend at Lime Rock -- but this would also be great for a larger group with a 'destination party' whether family or corporate.

PS - I slept very well, with the hilltop breezes eliminating need for the AC unit, and comfy bed. AND I thank you for having modern fire sprinklers installed throughout! I have been coming to Litchfield county long enough to remember when another major inn ... needed total redecorating.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nick C
New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I went there for a Scrapbooking Diva Weekend. The place is beautiful, the food was out of the world and the staff was wonderful. I will admit I didn't take advantage of walking around the Inn - but I did look out every window I could and it is just breathtaking. I'm going back in November and I really can't wait.

The best part was sitting with one of the owners and listening to him tell if the Inn's history. We all had a great time and I def. recommend this place. It's not large so you couldn't do a huge group event - but for a smaller group it is just perfect. And by smaller group I'm guessing 50 is a good number.

If you need some peace and quiet - this is the place to go.

Kathy-New Milford, CT

Room Tip: Don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall
The Amselhaus
The Amselhaus
#1 of 1 in Cornwall Bridge

Been to Wake Robin Inn? Share your experiences!