“Our Dream Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wake Robin Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakeville
Wake Robin Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Lakeville B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“Our Dream Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2006

One visit to the Wake Robin Inn and we knew instantly that was the special place for our " I do's". The owners and staff went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend all we had dreamed it would be and more. From the planning through to the wedding day the attention and service was impeccable. We are still getting rave reveiws from our guest about what a great time they had. The food was also incredible...our mouths are still watering. Not to mention my maid of honor and myself have special diet needs and they went out of their way to make sure our meals where safe and incredibly delicious. The personal touches they added to our wedding and rehearsal dinner was just the icing on the cake to a perfect weekend. We wouldn't change a thing about our beautiful wedding...In fact we wish we could do it all over again!

• Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank LSica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2006

It was such a pleasure working with you and your staff at the Wake Robin. Every time I had a request or a special client need you were always on top of it and made it happen. You really made all the hotel details of this event easy and enjoyable. I hope to be able to work with you again next year. Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank R/AEvents
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2006

In searching for a site to hold our civil union/wedding, it was of utmost importance that we found a place that had the look and feel of a quintessential Connecticut Inn. We found this in the Wake Robin Inn.

From our first meeting with Michael Loftus (Owner and Proprietor), we knew we had found the perfect place. He was not only professional, courteous and informative but he was also genuine, honest and caring. His credentials, experience and passion for providing excellent and personal service to all guests combines to make him not only an ambassador for all of his colleagues, but also someone we could rely on and trust to help create a magical wedding weekend.

The entire staff at the Wake Robin Inn exude the same characteristics. A special thanks goes out to Alisha Luther (front desk), her mother Mrs. Luther (housekeeping extraordinaire), Devin (booking and front desk), Shaffin (co-owner and grand cookie master), Megan (bar), Mindy (supreme event planner/manager) and Wanda (accomplished Broadway singer galore) for making our wedding spectacular and more fun than could ever have been imagined. I am admittedly a meticulous "type a" person. The fact that the entire staff exceeded not only my expectations but often beat me to the punch, is a testament to their dedication and professionalism. It is rare to find an entire staff that is not only great at their job, but doesn't make you feel as if they are doing you a favor or that you are asking for too much.

Our seasoned and selective wedding guests were blown away by the treatment the received not only as lodging guests but as event guests throughout the weekend. Some comments we heard from them include:

"Best wedding ever"
"The food is amazing, definitely restaurant food and not typical wedding food"
"Michael is always on the move, he is amazing"
"The bar service is so fast, we didn't have to wait for anything"

In a society where our love and relationship is not always embraced with open arms, the Wake Robin Inn is a beacon of light and a place where the past and present meet to celebrate the diversity of life and all the people who walk through it's doors.

We set out to find a reception site for our wedding, what we found is a place that will forever hold all the memories, love and support of all of our nearest and dearest.

The newlyweds-
Carol and Shelly Macumber!!!!

P.S. We don't have pictures as the wedding was only 2 days ago...but will be happy to post at a later date.

• Liked — The intimate rooms and excellent service
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2006
4 Thank crlim
Bethlehem, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2006

After six months of planning, the Cape Code British Car Club spent a weekend at the Wake Robin Inn. I must admit that I have stayed in five star hotels that could not keep
up to this place. Perfect, Perfect, & Perfect. Did I mention Perfect? The staff was more then great The food was phenomenal, the service was even better still. These people go way beyond your expectations, effortlessly. If you came away from this Inn feeling like things could have been better, well the problem is you. It seemed to me that the Wake Robin was way over the top, in terms of pleasing their customers. I can not say enough about what they did to make our weekend a success. The truth be known, the car club events were a complete success, due to the tireless efforts of the Inn owners, and Staff. My only issue is this! Now that you all know this, It may be difficult to get the rooms, now that the secret is out. We will book this wonderful place for every CT event. We wont even look any ware else. Simply stated, you will not do better then this in CT.

• Liked — Butiful Country Area
  • Disliked — My time there was too short
  • Tips/Secrets — Book Early-It will fill up fast
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank LedPres
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2006

I had a wonderful stay at the Wake Robin Inn this month. My positive experience at the Inn began as soon as I entered the grounds. When you drive up, you see the impressive sight of a sizeable and resplendent inn that evokes old world charm. After you walk in, the excellent customer service begins. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The Inn owners personally greeted us. Our room was immaculate and comfortable. I loved extra touches like the free wireless Internet and the high quality toiletries. At night we went to Michael Bryan's pub, which is right in the Inn. We really enjoyed the pub's casual ambience - the perfect place to settle down with a tall glass of Guiness. In the morning, the continental breakfast hit the spot. We also enjoyed going out on the back deck and absorbing the natural beauty of the location. All in all, the Wake Robin shined. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2006
4 Thank wongski
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2006

I can't help but smile when I think of the memories I have from my time spent at the Wake Robin Inn.
My husband and I were married at the Inn, and recently returned there to celebrate our one year Anniversary. We were greeted with warm hugs from the Innkeepers Michael and Shaffin. It was so much fun to reminisce and to re-connect with the innkeepers and the staff, all whom made our "New England Family Reunion Style Wedding Weekend" so special.
It 's a great feeling to look back and remember our (82) guests were so well taken care of during their entire weekend stay at the Wake Robin. My family and friends still talk about how relaxed and personal our wedding was, and the staff's attentive and accommodating nature.
From the moment we first walked into the Inn, we realized we were in a special place, filled with people who made being there a warm and magical experience.
My husband and I feel so fortunate to have started our married lives at the Wake Robin, and we are already looking forward to returning for our next Anniversary.

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank WRbride
Manhattan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2006

Back in June I was in a performance at a local theater company in Sharon, CT and needed a place for my family to stay when they came to visit. I was told by the company's producers to contact the Wake Robin. I did and set up rooms for my family. It was incredible!! My family loved it and we are not an easy bunch to please being avid travelers. My parents called it a "home away from home" and my sister thinks of it as the country inn with the city charm. I call it " country refined" Whatever you call it, its a great place to stay.

The staff was attentive, friendly and even the owners took care of requests as needed. That impressed me. They took the time to introduce themselves and went seemingly out of their way to make sure my family was comfortable. The pub was a great place to gather after my shows and have a good drink. We would sit up and tell jokes and stories to the wee hours and then gather out on the porch and continue our visit after the pub closed. Their rooms, besides being clean, charming and comfortable, each had a country style all their own and was equiped with cable television and phones, (sometimes not available in other more "quaint" inns). My brother could even get a little work in because they provided internet access.. It was absolutely the best. I plan on going back and staying during fall foilage this year and I think the Inn may become our location for our annual family retreat next year.

• Liked — The country charm and the attention to detail and customer's needs
  • Disliked — No food readily available on premises/Pub closes earlier/Restaurants close by though w/ good food...so we had to leave...
  • Tips/Secrets — Sit out on the porch at night to watch the night life...the deer and the stars/ this is a real getaway folks without going to far away from civilization.
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
4 Thank manhattanseeker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
White Hart Inn
Blackberry River Inn
Blackberry River Inn
#2 of 4 in Norfolk
Hilltop House  Bed & Breakfast

Been to Wake Robin Inn? Share your experiences!