“food was tops!”

Interlaken Inn Morgan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Interlaken Inn Morgan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Lakeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Frankfort, Kentucky
“food was tops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

food was delicious and well done. service was excellent. atmosphere was beautiful. Nothing to dislike!

Visited June 2013

Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States
“Frozen rolls”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

As it was raining outside that night and we were given a 25% discount coupon to the Morgan's restaurant, we decided to give it a shot. The music played on the piano was non inspiring and we were seated under a noisy A/C vent. The dishes looked better than they tasted. The asparagus and poached egg were tasty but undercooked. The main dishes were unimpressive. We had the roasted cod, which was dry and bland, and the gnocchi which were simply ok. We had a good laugh when the rolls came: piping hot on the outside, they were still frozen on the inside. No apology was given when we sent them back. The next batch was fine but tasted like cheap factory bread. We will not be back.

• Visited June 2013
Sydney
“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We decided to go to dinner at Morgans on our first night as we had read some positive reviews.
We ordered the kale apple salad which was nice and the asparagus with poached egg. The salad was refreshing but the poached egg was slightly undercooked and not drained properly so it made the dish very watery and tasteless. For entrees we had the fettuccine bolognese which was overly salty and over seasoned with what tasted like too many dried herbs. I had the gnocchi which was cooked nicely and the peas were incredibly fresh however it was drowned in this flavorless cream sauce which was broken and looked like cream mixed with butter. We skipped dessert..

In the morning we decided to eat there for breakfast which we thought was included however after we ate we found it wasn't. We asked for sunny side up eggs which came with the egg white still raw and yolk cold. We asked for it to be cooked a bit more and waiting 20 or so minutes (despite there being 2 other tables in the restaurant) and finally got our eggs which were better but still not completely cooked on top.

Interlaken- I suggest you get a chef that can cook. I could have easily gone I to the kitchen myself to make my eggs in the morning. It's not hard..

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“How can you screw up egg whites?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

came here for a Sunday brunch with my partner. The place was empty, which should have been a red flag, although to be quite honest I like quiet places, it just seemed odd it would be empty during brunch. Drank some delicious mimosas, service was good, but there was a problem with a few of the food items I ordered. First of all you could tell the bacon had been laying out in a pan, not cooked fresh. It tasted cold and fatty and tough.
we ordered "shrimp scampi" which you assume would be brought out in a skillet with butter, but instead was brought out in a big bowl of linguini pasta. Why didn't the menu say "Linguini shrimp scampi"?

The worst part were my egg whites. They were brought to the table scrambled, which is ok, but the albumen was still jello-like trembling in my plate. It was so gross that till this day I want to gag just thinking about it. How could someone under-cook egg whites that bad, in a restaurant that was empty? unbelievable.

The atmosphere is very nice, very NICE, and interlaken is a beautiful resort in a beautiful town. but they need a new chef.

My visit was in the autumn of 2012.

• Visited October 2012