“My favorite restaurant in Lakeville”
Review of The Woodland

The Woodland
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Lakeville
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Amagansett, New York
“My favorite restaurant in Lakeville”
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

I eat here at least a half dozens times per year and each time I can never decide what to eat as there are so many good choices. I always start with either their sushi or one of their wonderful rolls. Even though I don't eat red meat (ok with chicken or fish) plenty of choices but I usually end up with their tuna which never disappoints.

Staff seems to never change, and they definitely got their act together

My number one choice in Lakeville

Visited April 2013

Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Simply Delicious!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The Woodland has a warm, inviting ambiance. The abundance of wood and leather makes it feel like a club. The staff is prompt to do anything to make a dining experience better. The food is sublime - I had the salad of Roasted Beets, Ricotta Salata, Toasted Almonds & Pickled Onions which was a new experience and the Pistachio Nut Crusted Salmon with Lemon Beurre Blanc. Both items were presented beautifully on the plates and delicious to the tongue. Everyone at my table seemed happy with their selections (Grilled Swordfish w/Black Olive & Roasted Tomato Israeli Couscous, Sushi Sashimi Combo, Sautéed Shrimp with Garlic and Roasted Peppers, & Ricotta Ravioli, Sweet Peppers, Tomatoes & Zucchini). While we had reservations, we had to wait for our table to empty but it was not an uncomfortable wait. I recommend The Woodland if you want a delicious dinner in a relaxed and easy atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
Pine Plains, New York
“Consistently Exceptional Food”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The Woodland is an outstanding place to eat. We love the fact that we can order such a variety of meals, and they are always great. From schnitzel to sushi they pull it off every time . The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is sometimes the service can be slow and the restaurant tends to be noisy .

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tonya and Gregg P
Connecticut, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The food is great but it is a hard place to get into during the summer months. Make your reservations way in advance. They have the best bartender in Connecticut,,,,right Cookingham!!

Visited November 2012
New York, New York, United States
“Always Reliable!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Woodland is our favorite restaurant in the area. The menu is large and everything is good - the hard part is deciding what to order. One thing we never go without are the truffle parmesean french fries - they are so good! And, as others have said, never go without a reservation. Other great dishes are the trout, the tuna, and the stir fry. And the warm chocolate cake is definitely worth the wait!

• Visited December 2012