“Dependable Quality in a Rural Setting”
Review of The Woodland

The Woodland
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Lakeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Salisbury
“Dependable Quality in a Rural Setting”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Since I am lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from The Woodland, I go there every six weeks or so. My last visit was on a frigid February evening about a week ago and just walking into the warm, cozy, friendly atmosphere helped to thaw me out.

Many of the patrons are locals who have come to depend on The Woodland for an excellent dining experienced. Service is friendly and quick and there is a small but excellent wine list with many unusual and affordable bottles. Food is plentiful and very well prepared. I especially recommend the hangar steak. The veal parmigiana is delicious -- and enormous! And if you want to eat light, there is an excellent sushi chef on hand.

Also, there is a lively bar scene, particularly on Thursday night.

If you are spending any time at all in the Lakeville/ Salisbury area and are looking for a great little place for dinner or lunch, you will not be disappointed in The Woodland.

• Visited February 2014

Salisbury, Connecticut
“Great feel. Always a good night out.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Woodland is a solid restaurant. Always a very good meal, good drinks and a fun place to be.
The sushi choices are always delicious.
Great service.

Visited January 2014
Wantagh, New York, USA
“woodland restaurant”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We enjoy a family vacation yearly in Lakeville, Conn. One of the restaurants we enjoy is The Woodland. The food and ambiance are great. We will make sure to go to this restaurant whenever we are in the area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank georgesuni
Nashville, Tennessee
“The Reviews are Right”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I could add nothing more other than be sure you dine here if you are in the area. You will also see Hutchkiss College which is a treat.

Visited October 2013
“Top notch in all ways”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Although it is an hour away from my house I try to lunch here frequently. Although I have never had dinner at Woodlands friends tell me the food is equally good.
Yesterday for lunch I gad a soft shell crab sandwich. My companions had a hangar steak, and a prosciutto sandwich. One of my friends started with egg plant soup, the other with a salad. We were all delighted with the food. In fact my friend who had the salad bought a container of the house buttermilk dill dressing to take home.
The service as usual was attentive without being intrusive. The prices are a bit high but well worth it.

• Visited September 2013