“Reception was POOR”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Woodland

The Woodland
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Lakeville
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Poughkeepsie, NY
“Reception was POOR”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We love The Woodland. However, the guy working the podium needs to go. He was just downright rude! We showed up at 8:30 on a Thursday night without a reservation. Parking lot had spaces so we thought it wouldn't be long of a wait or we could sit at the bar. He smirked when we said we didn't have a reservation and then said, it would be at least a half hour or longer wait. While my wife and daughter used the bathroom, I overheard him on the phone say to another patron who did not have a reservation that he had a table ready and would hold it for him if he came right over. I was really annoyed at this point. He looked a bit shocked when he got off the phone and saw me standing near the bathrooms. He turned away quickly and went to put a reserved sign on the table that he did not offer to us just seconds before. Like I said to start, WE LOVE THE WOODLAND.....just not this time. We went down the road to the Black Rabbit and were treated well and had a great meal.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Poughkeepsie

LI
“A country cafe with a sushi specialty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We needed a good meeting place in north west Conn, and remembered this restaurant from years ago. The outside is attractive as ever, and the inside is large and accommodating. There is also an attractive bar area.
We came for lunch and was surprised at how varied the menu was, very international, with an emphasis on sushi.
The food was generally very good and ample portions. The only exception was the pasta, with fresh corn, tomatoes and basil. Surprisingly it was a small portion, and they forgot the corn (this was corrected by our very pleasant waitress)
The sushi was excellent, as was the smoked salmon sandwich, and lobster quesidea.
We were not rushed and had a wonderful, relaxing meal.

• Visited August 2014
“Excellent food, large portions, great waiter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've been here several times, and have found the food to be consistently excellent. The salads are large and creative: we had the arugula and the beet salads, and both had marinated onions that were delicious. The sole almandine is always a large portion, and it is cooked/flavored well. Our waiter, John was wonderful: attentive, funny, and clever, which really enhanced the whole experience. It's sometimes hard to get a reservation, but we understand why. The only thing we haven't liked there over the years is the veal parmigiana.

• Visited August 2014
Washington, DC
“Wonderful find in remote Connecticut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was in Lakeville, CT for a conference at Hotchkiss. I was hoping to grab a casual dinner at a local eatery. I drove by The Woodland Restaurant and there were cars overflowing the parking lot and onto the street. There were many luxury cars parked on the road and in the lot ,so I was worried that it would be too upscale and that there wouldn't be a bar where I could eat. Wrong! Great long bar, with a TV playing sports, wonderful menu with something for everyone, and the food did not disappoint. The people at the bar were friendly and I had a great evening!

• Visited July 2014
Sharon, Connecticut, USA
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you want a booth, then you must get there at 5:30 pm sharp when they start serving dinner.

The menu is extensive and almost everything is well made and well presented. The serving portions are very generous. The french fries are excellent (hot and crisp on the outside) and highly recommended. Order as a side dish if they do not come with your meal. I ordered hanger steak and it was slightly overcooked but that may have been my fault as i ordered it medium and should have asked for rare.

have been several times and will go again.

• Visited July 2014