“Most hospitable accommodation I've ever stayed at!”
Review of Interlaken Inn

Interlaken Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A large group of us have been traveling to the Interlaken for a scrapbooking weekend for at least the last 8 years and always have a great time. Everyone is always so friendly and there are faces we recognize year after year (a good sign that a business can retain its quality staff!) This year though, they went above and beyond in the hospitality department. They were so accommodating - anything we needed or wanted but beyond that, they anticipated our needs and even spoiled us with some sweet treats for National Peanut Butter Day! Can't wait to go back next year!! I highly recommend the Interlaken for a group event or even a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Down stairs bathrooms have tubs - upstairs rooms have walk-in showers if that matters to you!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melaine R
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you, Melaine, for writing such a wonderful review about your weekend with us. Your compliments are so very well appreciated! The entire staff at Interlaken loves to welcome the entire scrapbooking group every year - thank you all so much for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you in 2015!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I, yes Granddaughter too, were making a planes, trains and automobiles trip from Florida to Upstate New York. Florida, as usual, was warm and sunny. Upstate New York was, uh, well ... We stumbled upon the Interlaken. What a surprise. The accommodations were excellent. The staff outstanding. Restaurant great. The grounds and scenery were out of this world. The room was warm and comfortable, through the window we could see a winter wonderland. We plan to return in the summer for several days.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Edwin M

Thank you so much for including Interlaken on your long adventure from Florida. We are so pleased you enjoyed warming up with us! What a wonderful experience your journey must have been. I hope all of this snow will be melted before your return this summer! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. See you in warmer weather!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The restaurant serves farm fresh, local food, and the chef rocks. I had the best burger I've ever eaten - grass-fed organic beef, carmelized onions, local cheddar. They also keep 4-taps of fresh, local craft beer.

Every employee I encountered was over-the-top nice. Glad to help with anything.

It's got a really cozy, small-town feel to it. $10 Pay-per view movies? NO. There's a cabinet full of DVD's for free in the front lobby.

After I got home, I noticed I left my laptop charger in the room. 1 phone call - "yes, we have it here. What's your address? We'll mail it out today."

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Interlaken. We are so glad you enjoyed everything - the entire staff appreciates your kind words. We'd love to take care of you again the next time business brings you to this area. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Girls Weekend at the Interlaken Inn this past weekend was FABULOUS! Stayed in the Townhouse and it had all the amenities you could desire! Loved the fireplace and spacious rooms – very comfortable, clean and had that warm “home away from home” feeling. Plenty of room for 4 women - highly recommend. The food at their restaurant (Morgans) was excellent and the breakfast buffet was extremely generous (loved the oatmeal and fresh fruit :)

There is a spa on premise if you are looking to be pampered. While we were awaiting our treatments, we relaxed in the beautifully appointed library/ game room. The rich wooden bookcase wall and comfy chairs made for an inviting reading space. The huge game room with a pool table, ping-pong and air hockey was great for competitive fun and lots of laughs (would be great for a family getaway!)

I cannot speak highly enough about the management team at the Inn- Kevin Bousquet does a wonderful job and the team couldn’t be more accommodating (thanks Vanessa!) I highly recommend and looking forward to having another memorable Girls Weekend at the Interlaken!

Room Tip: Townhouse was spacious, quiet and had all the amenities needed
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lemerick

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review of our property. It was our pleasure to have all of you stay with us! It sounds like you had a great weekend enjoying our amenities and spa services. The staff and I will look forward to you taking care of you again, hopefully very soon. Thank you again for choosing Interlaken!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I'm going to start by saying that our stay at the Interlaken was EXCELLENT! My wife and I went to the Interlaken Inn for the New Year's Eve Celebration, which turned out to be much more than we expected from the food and service to the lodging. The food was excellent, service was top notch, and the lodging was exactly what we were looking for. Rooms were clean, quiet and pleasant. The food was gourmet and had a great selection. I don't want to say that we were surprised, but we are happy to say that it was a more than we expected. The only constructive recommendations that I would make are to include music across all generations to cater to a more diverse population and make sure the bar stays fully stocked all night. Neither of these take away from an awesome New Year's Eve at a great place!

Stayed: December 2013
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

We are are so pleased you and your wife had an excellent time at our New Year's celebration. Your positive comments mean so much and I thank you for taking the time to share them on Tripadvisor. I also thank you for your suggestions for making the celebration even better for next year. I hope you both will return to the property soon to experience many of the special packages we offer. Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I went with my girlfriend for new years and had a fantastic time. The party was held where they hold their weddings and despite the sub freezing temperatures it was very warm and spacious. The food for the New Years party was exceptionally good and had a nice variety and the breakfast the following morning was no exception. The staff in my experience with hotels and inns went above and beyond, in my haste to go there I forgot my dress belt for the party, the manager actually offered and provided me one of his personal belts, that says it all... The fact that we won the raffle to be upgraded to a suite with a hot tub just put the experience over the top.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Frank, for writing about your experience at Interlaken for New Year's. I am so glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed the festivities as well as the upgrade to the Honeymoon Suite. Thank you so much for such high praises of the property and the staff. We look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We spent New Years Eve 2013/2014 at The Interlaken and we couldn't be more satisfied.This was our first time at the Inn and we will definitely return in the near future. From the moment we stepped through the entrance, and until we left, there was not a time when we didn't feel comfortable. Our room in the main building was impeccably clean, and we were pleasantly surprised with a fresh fruit and cheese tray left for us in our room. Dinner was wonderful and the service superb. The food and beverage manager, Brandon, made every effort to make us feel right at home.The ambiance was very tasteful and elegant, and the band was so good, one had no choice but to dance the night away! Breakfast the next morning was again, so delicious and the wait staff friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make us feel at home. This was truly a wonderful stay, and might I add we do travel regularly and this is one place that earned Five Stars with us! Thank you Interlaken for helping us to ring in the new year right and with memories to last a lifetime! May you all be blessed with health and happiness and may The Interlaken Inn live on for a very long time!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building and our room was impeccably clean, however, I am sure that in any bui...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your Five Star review! The entire Interlaken staff is so pleased you enjoyed your New Year's celebration from start to finish. We look forward to your many future visits to our property and will love to welcome you back at any time. Thank you again for choosing Interlaken and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Happy New Year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Salisbury
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Great Barrington Lenox/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Great Bar...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#4 of 10 in Great Barrington
Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa

Been to Interlaken Inn? Share your experiences!