“Tranquil Oasis in Litchfield Hills; a Bit Overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Interlaken Inn

and 1 more site!
Interlaken Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Larchmont, New York
“Tranquil Oasis in Litchfield Hills; a Bit Overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I very much liked our 1 night stay at the Interlaken. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, Morgan's restaurant is phenomenal, and my wife got an excellent massage from the on-site Ellora spa.

We paid $199/night on hotels.com and despite that being a relatively low rate for the Interlaken, I still feel like that is a bit much. This is not a fancy, elite looking property, and has more rustic charm than any "wow factor." I'd definitely recommend it overall, but I can see why those paying higher rates in the summer could be a bit underwhelmed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so glad that you enjoyed your getaway here, as we strive to create a comfortable, relaxing destination that you'll fall in love with.

As the summer season approaches we do hope that you'll return to take advantage of all of our property amenities. Our staff will soon be preparing the lake front (canoes & kayaks are complimentary for Guests), the numerous gardens & plantings, the swimming pool, tennis courts and more (golf is right next door too). Frequently our Guests find that everything they need is right here, making us a good choice for an "all-inclusive" property in this area.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a favorable review. We do hope that you'll visit us again this season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The staff at the Interlaken are phenomenal. I have been coming to this hotel for almost 10 years. Every year the food is wonderful, the staff is helpful, the rooms are clean and the atmosphere is hospitable. I spend 3 days and 2 nights here every year, along with a group of up to 40 women, yet the staff makes me feel like I am the only one they are worried about pleasing. It is usually booked to capacity with other events but they want to make sure each and every customer is enjoying their stay. I can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub you should request the lower level. All of the rooms have been remodeled and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pbfoot845
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments of the staff here at Interlaken. We truly enjoy taking care of our Guests and I am so glad it shows - it's truly our pleasure! We so appreciate your loyalty to our property for so many years. We look forward to serving you and the entire group of ladies again in 2015.
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

A large group of us have been traveling to the Interlaken for a scrapbooking weekend for at least the last 8 years and always have a great time. Everyone is always so friendly and there are faces we recognize year after year (a good sign that a business can retain its quality staff!) This year though, they went above and beyond in the hospitality department. They were so accommodating - anything we needed or wanted but beyond that, they anticipated our needs and even spoiled us with some sweet treats for National Peanut Butter Day! Can't wait to go back next year!! I highly recommend the Interlaken for a group event or even a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Down stairs bathrooms have tubs - upstairs rooms have walk-in showers if that matters to you!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melaine R
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you, Melaine, for writing such a wonderful review about your weekend with us. Your compliments are so very well appreciated! The entire staff at Interlaken loves to welcome the entire scrapbooking group every year - thank you all so much for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you in 2015!
Live Oak, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I, yes Granddaughter too, were making a planes, trains and automobiles trip from Florida to Upstate New York. Florida, as usual, was warm and sunny. Upstate New York was, uh, well ... We stumbled upon the Interlaken. What a surprise. The accommodations were excellent. The staff outstanding. Restaurant great. The grounds and scenery were out of this world. The room was warm and comfortable, through the window we could see a winter wonderland. We plan to return in the summer for several days.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edwin M
Thank you so much for including Interlaken on your long adventure from Florida. We are so pleased you enjoyed warming up with us! What a wonderful experience your journey must have been. I hope all of this snow will be melted before your return this summer! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. See you in warmer weather!
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

The restaurant serves farm fresh, local food, and the chef rocks. I had the best burger I've ever eaten - grass-fed organic beef, carmelized onions, local cheddar. They also keep 4-taps of fresh, local craft beer.

Every employee I encountered was over-the-top nice. Glad to help with anything.

It's got a really cozy, small-town feel to it. $10 Pay-per view movies? NO. There's a cabinet full of DVD's for free in the front lobby.

After I got home, I noticed I left my laptop charger in the room. 1 phone call - "yes, we have it here. What's your address? We'll mail it out today."

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Interlaken. We are so glad you enjoyed everything - the entire staff appreciates your kind words. We'd love to take care of you again the next time business brings you to this area. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Coxsackie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Girls Weekend at the Interlaken Inn this past weekend was FABULOUS! Stayed in the Townhouse and it had all the amenities you could desire! Loved the fireplace and spacious rooms – very comfortable, clean and had that warm “home away from home” feeling. Plenty of room for 4 women - highly recommend. The food at their restaurant (Morgans) was excellent and the breakfast buffet was extremely generous (loved the oatmeal and fresh fruit :)

There is a spa on premise if you are looking to be pampered. While we were awaiting our treatments, we relaxed in the beautifully appointed library/ game room. The rich wooden bookcase wall and comfy chairs made for an inviting reading space. The huge game room with a pool table, ping-pong and air hockey was great for competitive fun and lots of laughs (would be great for a family getaway!)

I cannot speak highly enough about the management team at the Inn- Kevin Bousquet does a wonderful job and the team couldn’t be more accommodating (thanks Vanessa!) I highly recommend and looking forward to having another memorable Girls Weekend at the Interlaken!

Room Tip: Townhouse was spacious, quiet and had all the amenities needed
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lemerick
Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review of our property. It was our pleasure to have all of you stay with us! It sounds like you had a great weekend enjoying our amenities and spa services. The staff and I will look forward to you taking care of you again, hopefully very soon. Thank you again for choosing Interlaken!
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I'm going to start by saying that our stay at the Interlaken was EXCELLENT! My wife and I went to the Interlaken Inn for the New Year's Eve Celebration, which turned out to be much more than we expected from the food and service to the lodging. The food was excellent, service was top notch, and the lodging was exactly what we were looking for. Rooms were clean, quiet and pleasant. The food was gourmet and had a great selection. I don't want to say that we were surprised, but we are happy to say that it was a more than we expected. The only constructive recommendations that I would make are to include music across all generations to cater to a more diverse population and make sure the bar stays fully stocked all night. Neither of these take away from an awesome New Year's Eve at a great place!

Stayed December 2013
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
We are are so pleased you and your wife had an excellent time at our New Year's celebration. Your positive comments mean so much and I thank you for taking the time to share them on Tripadvisor. I also thank you for your suggestions for making the celebration even better for next year. I hope you both will return to the property soon to experience many of the special packages we offer. Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
White Hart Inn
Blackberry River Inn
Blackberry River Inn
#2 of 4 in Norfolk
Hilltop House  Bed & Breakfast

Been to Interlaken Inn? Share your experiences!