We had the exact same experience as reviewer LeoZ did, several weeks later. We stayed here last year and it is a wonderfully maintained resort with a pool and gorgeous lakefront. We were hoping for a relaxing weekend where our son -- a counselor at a nearby camp -- could stay with us for some "quality time," quiet and R&R on a Saturday and Sunday night. We had a lovely room in the Countryside building, far from the main hotel, same as last year.
Upon check-in, we were told there would be a wedding that night with music, but it would over by 10 pm. When we returned from dinner around 9, the wedding was in full swing, with deafening DJ disco music and a thumping bass that shook the building, even with the windows closed. When we called the desk, they then informed us that the music was scheduled to go until 11:30 pm, and that this had been the plan all along. No one could explain the difference between what we were told at check-in vs the reality. It ruined our evening and kept our exhausted son from enjoying his one evening off.
There were nice enough to give us a $100 credit upon checkout (the room was $300) and treat us to breakfast... but I would have been very happy to pay full price and not have our stay on such a sour note.
Additionally, I thanked the desk clerk who checked us out; he never looked up, never said thanks or apologized or offered any parting words.
This clearly is a popular wedding venue and I'm sure if it were my wedding, I'd think it was great. But we need some truth in advertising: they should inform people at the time of reservation if there is going to be a giant nighttime wedding there and also be truthful at the time of check-in. And they should not be taking upwards of $300 a night from those seeking a quiet weekend in the country if they know in advance they can't deliver on that.
So I recommend that if you want to stay here -- and when it's quiet it's wonderful -- you press them for details of what other events are booked when you plan your stay....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming country resort in the heart of New England with 78 gorgeous guestrooms on 30 manicured acres, nestled between shimmering lakes. All rooms have A/C, cable TV, DVD, phone and private bath. Complete with recreational facilities including tennis, outdoor heated swimming pool, health & fitness center, massages & spa services, gameroom, golf, canoes & kayaks, more... An abundance of cultural attractions and antiquing is nearby. Pet friendly accommodations and top-rated dining in Morgan's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Interlaken Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Interlaken Hotel Lakeville
- Interlaken Resort Lakeville