“Won't be returning anytime soon”
Review of Restaurant at Stonecroft - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Restaurant at Stonecroft
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 29 July 2011

A friend of mine and I went to Stonecroft for dinner after reading some good reviews. I had been there years ago when it was under different management and wanted to try it again. While the setting was very pretty and they had an excellent musician playing guitar, the food was very disappointing. The bread tasted like frozen pizza dough and both of our meals were almost inedible. I had a gnocchi dish and the gnocchi which reminded me of playdough. Despite the fact that I wasn't able to eat my meal, they still charged us the full price. We ended up going to the grocery store after to get food because we were so hungry. While I really wanted to like this place, the food just wasn't good. It's a shame because it was a pretty location and looked like it was going to be a nice dinner. Maybe this was just an off night, but I wasn't impressed with how they dealt with the situation.

2  Thank bear277
There are newer reviews for Restaurant at Stonecroft

Reviewed 26 July 2010

Fabulous and extensive menu prepared by Chef Shaheed.

Reviewed 9 September 2009

We ate here twice whilst staying at Stonecroft and thoroughly recommend their restaurant. The food was delicious, with a good choice of food, the service very good, and the atmosphere calm, quiet and relaxed. I recommend the mignon tips gnocchi and the shrimp pasta, both were very tasty and delicious.

Reviewed 4 May 2008

Worth going for the warm cherry muffins and peach and pinapple unside down cake
Great place
We will be back
Shaun and barbara

Reviewed 25 February 2007

Had a lovely dinner at the Stonecroft Inn on Pumpkin Hill Rd, Ledyard. One enters the dining room from the main lobby by descending an unpromising stairway, but the dining room is warm, nicely appointed, and has a nice wall of windows looking out on the grounds, and a fireplace with flanking sofas for after dinner drinks.

Very nice meal (Statler chicken breast, perfectly cooked, was too peppery for highest marks). Told my Knob Hill bourbon was unavailable, the waitress unexpectedly rattled off the full list of standard alternatives: Baker's, Basil Hayden, Booker's (a good liquor salesman perhaps?). Acorn squash bisque (best interpretation of this dish I've had), and excellent scallop entrée. No dessert, as we were headed to Foxwoods for a concert, and time was growing tight.

Good value (a c-note or less for two, drinks, appetizers, entrée, tip figured in). We'll return, next show we go to at Foxwoods.

2  Thank gill052