“What a pleasant experience for our family!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Litchfield
Hemlock Hill Camp Resort
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were just there for a long weekend with the kids. Everyone had a fun time!! The pool area was very nice. The kids loved the playground also. We brought our bikes and were able to ride around the whole place although the "streets" were a little rocky for the kids. They still enjoyed it though. We did a couple of activities like tye dye shirts and hayride. The bathrooms were updated and overall pretty clean. The women's was very well decorated. Camp store had a lot of what you needed, but there was also a grocery store less than 10 minutes away. Would definitely return here every year.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Pros: Pool, hot tub, washrooms

Cons: dirt campsites instead of grass

Well it sounds as though this campground has had many problems in the past. Seeing that this is the one and only time I've been here I am not going to attempt to comment on the supposed feud. Unlike many of the reviews posted, I don't have many negative things to say. Having traveled around a lot of the north east, I can honestly say this was one of my favorite spots.

It took us a bit to find this place, as the road was under construction and was dirt at the time. There were no signs from the main road indicating where it was. Lucky this campground is situated with some homes near by, and I was able to ask a girl walking her dog where the campground was.

We arrived to find the main doors to the camp closed. There was a kid (probably 11 or 12 years old) hanging around taking out garbage and asked him to find someone to help us check in. He ran to a trailer and got the owners (who appear to live onsite). They checked us in quickly and escorted us to our spot. Strange but nice people. They had some weird tips for keeping your food away from the "critters" as they called them. I thanked them for their help and set up my tent.

The spots were a decent size with trees all around. I would have liked the spots to be grassy (our was more dirt than anything else) but that didn't spoil anything. We spent a lot of our time that evening (after visiting Hopkins Vinyard) in the hot tub. The pool and hot tub were very clean. We didn't go in the pool since it was getting dark, but the hot tub was a great temperature and there were lots of chairs and deck loungers.

I would recommend this campground to anyone in the area. Make sure you take into account the change in management in the past reviews and focus on the newest, more positive reviews. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baltzer
Reviewed 15 September 2013

New Management has turned this campground from dumpy to delightful! This campground has pulled a 180 under the new management. They have made so many improvements in the short time they have taken over with so many more plans for next year. I am excited to see all the changes to come. The people are friendly. They take pride in their campground. The bathrooms are newly remodeled & clean. If you are looking for a dog friendly, kid friendly, fun campground, look no further. They have interesting, creative themed weekends. The playground is the best we have seen. We have been traveling all over the East Coast the past 11 years in our fifth wheel & have stayed at numerous campgrounds, this one is our favorite. This is the first campground that has me seriously considering becoming a seasonal.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Dawn K
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I recently camped here after seeing the many improvements that have been made. The court battle is over and the old owners are gone. The Co-op group is working hard to improve the place and you can see it. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My wife and I loved it so much we reserved a seasonal site for next season.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roger712
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Words cannot express how disappointed I am with the experience my family had at this campground/Co-op. Dirty pools, nasty people and the grounds are poorly kept. No pride in the campground. Too many issues and negatives to list. Beware! SPend your money at the campground in Bantam.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank TheStar79
Reviewed 27 August 2012

There is a battle between the co op and the owners and both sides are dishonest and direspect ful!
This campground is a terrable place to be.
Nobody wants to care for the place on weekends. The pool is dirty and the bathrooms are nasty!
Nothing to do but sit at your stinky site!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Sage T
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Management seems to be absent with no monitoring of rowdy guests. No cleaning crew! We arrived on a Saturday afternoon. We went to the registration area that is just a canopy with a table and chairs and no one was there. We had to walk down the road to an RV to register. There was no toilet paper in the mens room near us until Monday afternoon! And the bathrooms were never cleaned so the mens room smelled of urine. Saturday night there were some rowdy guests partying and arguing until midnight even though quiet time starts at 10:00pm. The hot tub was out of order and the pool had a lot of dead bugs in it. The camp store was almost never open so we had to keep going to town for ice. Very dusty place with lots of pot holes. We will not be going back there anytime soon. we pulled out a day early we were so discussed!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Roger712

Been to Hemlock Hill Camp Resort? Share your experiences!