“great find close by”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: A Unique Dining Experience Bantam Bistro proudly sources local, organic farm-stand products to incorporate only the freshest ingredients in our dishes. We strive to provide you the most flavorful dining experience. Join us at our ivory granite bar to enjoy a refreshing cocktail or fine wine offering and then dine by our glowing fireplace while savoring our artisanal menu. We will look for you at the Bantam Bistro at the Litchfield Inn.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was our second visit..and certainly won't be the last..everything was terrific...so far beyond our expectations..Jessi was so attentive and the same goes for Olivia our server this time and Darlene last time...and the best chef , William...you must try the boneless ribs...the best thing I ever ate..The steaks are great too!...everything was wonderful..can't wait to go back again..

Jessie A, General Manager at Bantam Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. It is indeed very encouraging for the team to give the best of the services. Chef is honored to read your review. Our creative team will continue to be at their best as always. We look forward to have you again with us.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

All I can say is wow. I finally had the Prime Rib (which is one of the weekly specials--Monday night to be exact) at the Bantam Bistro. This steak was so tender that my teeth were upset that they didn't have to masticate much at all LOL--Man,this is almost comparable to a titillating moment. And the vegetables--I never thought I could enjoy carrots as much as I did the carrots (grilled vegetables) on this plate. Not sure what kind of seasonings these vegetables were grilled with, but OMG--just good. And, what can I say about the mashed potatoes--well, I can say that mine never tasted this good. Top this delectable meal off with a latte and it is purely and simply FOOD HEAVEN on earth!!! Let's not even start to elaborate on the Bistro Burger--just divine.!!!...And the best things is that the Prime Rib is only .99 cents per oz on Monday (the grilled veggies, bread/rolls, and potatoes come with it), and the Burger platter (you can also have the salmon burger) for 1/2 price!!! Good food, good company and good price is a wonderfully MARVA-lous combination!!!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was an incredibly disappointing Valentine's Day, my friends. The Litchfield Inn advertised a prix fixe Valentine's Day special that we thought that would result in a romantic atmosphere, a New England inn feeling, and lingering over a nice selection of wines. We dressed up and headed out. Instead of an elegant restaurant, we entered into a "bistro" that could have been Anywhere USA with a very loud band that the manager kept asking to turn down. The amps would be turned down until the end of the song, and the next song the amps would be up again. While this would have been fun if we were expecting a burger place, the price of the Valentine's Day dinner was $100 excluding alcohol. It really seemed like a bait and switch, especially given the fact that there used to be a fantastic pianist who played there.

The two highlights were the wonderful server (the restaurant was certainly understaffed) and our entrees, the filet mignon and the chicken. Both were good and cost about $30 each.

This is definitely a jeans and burgers type atmosphere and is not what one would expect from such a stately looking inn on the outside. It is the first time we went there, so I do not know its local reputation. We certainly do not have a reason to return as there are several restaurants on Litchfield Green that are a better fit for the cost of the meal.

1  Thank geoprof71
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We went on valentines day for the night and service was top knotch,atmosphere was great we had a blast the room was set up beautiful as well my wife was very very pleased so I was as well

Reviewed 11 February 2014

It was a nice & romantic evening.the food was great.the chef was so friendly. After our silent dinner it was a pleasant surprise to have a band.we extended our evening and had real great time with great songs and music.will surely recommend....

Jessie A, General Manager at Bantam Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your valuable feedback and we appreciate that our efforts to make your evening special was acknowledged. We look forward to have you again at the Inn.