Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
US$97
Branford Motel(Branford)
US$70
TripAdvisor
All reviewslong island soundbeautiful hotelwharf restaurantli soundfrench doorsnew englandmadison beachsoaking tubelectric fireplacelounge chairsocean viewromantic getawaythe general managervalet parkingparking lotbalconywedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the hotel on the first part of our honeymoon. The suite had beautiful views and was very comfortable. The bathtub was to die for! Extra comfy bed, not that there was much sleep that night. The hotel staff was amazing. Don't miss the brunch Sunday morning! We plan to go back this summer for a respite. Don't miss out on this hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a waterfront room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy E
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in both July and February so had two different experiences. We had beautiful weather during our 1 night stay in the summer and were able to take advantage of the outdoor bar and outdoor dining options as well as the deck off our room. The ocean view was beautiful. The room was really nice and spacious as was the bathroom. We enjoyed the restaurant and were able to take a nice morning walk in the area. Our February stay was just as wonderful, but it was a cozy, winter stay. We did a couples massage in the spa, which was wonderful. The fireplace in the room we loved. Our dinner was inside but they did have the option of dining outside on the heated deck. It still looked a bit too chilly for us though. The $15 prix fix menu was definitely well worth it, quite a bargain and the food was plentiful and delicious. Room rates were much cheaper in February, and we had a great time, but summer was a little bit better!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank travelingfamily4Ma
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed at the old Madison Beach Hotel quite a few years ago and since then
the old wooden hotel building was torn down and a new Modern Hotel built in it's place. The New Madison Beach Hotel, has a elevator and has pet friendly rooms, that makes us and our Jack Russell , Zoey very happy! We enjoyed two peaceful restful, nights in our room with a Balcony and a view to the east , which rewarded us with a brilliant sunrise! We had room service on the first night, and Nora was attentive and friendly and wanted to be sure we had a correct up to date menu in the room. We also enjoyed a cooked to perfection breakfast in the room. That evening Nora was the hostess in the dining room and again help to provide us with excellent service. The front Desk Clerk Stephanie was also very nice attentive and helpful. Thanks Ladies for making our stay some wonderful. we look forward to our next visit to Madison, VT for peace and relaxation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy05255
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A couple of my dearest friends and I recently spent an overnight at this lovely shoreline hotel. I don't know what was the highlight of our time there- the spa treatments we took in for pampering, the beautiful rooms and view of Long Island Sound, the terrific beds, the accommodating staff, Saturday night's dinner or Sunday's brunch in the hotel restaurant.....All was superb, delightful. I would highly recommend the Spa, and look forward to returning. The mani- pedi chairs are the best I have seen, and the salon staff is friendly and professional. Great spot!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here twice in the last 6 months - August 2013 and late January 2014. Summer is definitely the time to visit - cute little beach and comfortable loungers. Friendly waitstaff can bring you lunch or drinks. The restaurant is very good for a hotel restaurant - ask for a table on the porch in warm weather. Rooms are spacious and beautiful, bathrooms very nice. Every room is waterfront. The southern rooms are better IMHO. So nice to see the LI Sound from your bed when you wake up. Had a very, very nice pedicure at their small spa, will have a massage next time. The highlight of my trip actually occurred after I left. When I got home I discovered that I left my Ipad. there. I called, expecting nothing. Trish (I believe she is the Concierge) told me that Djanaba, one of the housekeepers had just turned it in. 3 days later it was back in my hands. Amazing. So while I love the beach, rooms, hotel and spa, my favorite thing about the MBH is the employees. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple