“a wonderful mini vacation”

Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Madison
New York City
“a wonderful mini vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our daughter, grandson, my husband (in a wheelchair) and I stayed at this hotel two nights. The hotel is on the beach, the rooms face a beautiful shore line, the rooms are large, clean, comfortable and have balconies overlooking the beach. We swam, picnicked at the nearby State Park, enjoyed the lounge chairs provided by the hotel, ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel both graciously done. Each staff member was caring and pleasant, from the valet parking guys to the housekeeping people to Trish who went out of her way to help us make arrangements as we checked out. The accessible room was excellent. We hope to return soon.

1 Thank benellyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I went to your brunch on Sunday July 20,2014. We sat on the deck and enjoyed the most wonderful food and service. Our server was Lauren, she was pleasant and very professional. The view was breath taking, we watched a dog next door swim in the ocean. The weather was perfect, the food was perfect, the service was perfect, we had a wonderful time, thank you for making our 35 anniversary so memorable. Joann and Kevin Horan

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joann H
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Well what can I say, this trip was better then all prior ones. Abby the manager has ALL the great qualities a manager should have, hospitality, personality and a total package of kindness while able to fix any mistakes with speed and accuracy on a very complicated to most computer system.; thus this is why she IS the manager! I do not want to forget John, the general manager, so polite and a personality that fits the hotel! I had the pleasure of meeting Mat Rutty, great guy and definitely goes way beyond his job..I spotted him lifting and moving heavy tables from outside @ 12midnight...you cant ask for a better crew! Seth is such a doll he also went way beyond....along with stephanie and evelyn who went so out of they're way to please us! I also have to mention Kate and PJ and the blonde girl who i thought was Stephanie!
I must mention houskeeping, Raven was very kind and helpful. But one morning my mom ask some little spanish housekeeper to come back @ 1130, as my mom was not feeling well, this woman told my mom that she eats her lunch at that time! I did not appreciate that but its a small problem that PJ fixed right away!
I have to comment on the girls who handle to beach. I watched them drag those heavy wooden lounge chairs back and forth so many times and to boot, dug holes for people who (I know for a fact) that were not guests but ate at the buffet and these hard working girls did'nt even get a tip! They are amazingly hard workers and have a smile constantly and so curtious to everyone I had to mention it!
What can say about Tyler, he is as wonderful as Abby and and runs a tight ship in the restaurant. Anna, Devin and all the girls that hosted were beyond wonderful. Branko also handles all situation when he sees fit and is so kind always smiling! Kathy is and experianced pro who needs no comments but she is fabulous and so hard working! All the staff Jay Thomas Kurtis and everyone does a great job even when it gets crazy in there!
The boys who park the cars are all great and "boston" their boss(forgot his name) is also mentionable as doing a great job! Trish the concierge is also so kind and hospitable and does a great job at fixing a problem even though she wasn't aware if it and did a great job in defusing a problem when we checked out!
All and all we all had a great time and Roni our dog also had a blast, it is like home to myself , my mom and my brother! We are looking forward to returning very soon!
Dana

Room Tip: all face the ocean
1 Thank Dana318928
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is an absolutely beautiful hotel. It is very clean and has amazing views. We had a king size bed with a nice sized balcony overlooking the beach. The bathroom is also great, with a large shower and also a separate tub. There were bifold doors above the tub, so we could open them and still see the view outside. The BIG downside of this place is the service. Actually, the lack of service. They have coffee makers in the room, but if you want sugar or cream, you are apparently out of luck. Even after calling and asking for some to have for the next day and being assured they would arrive,along with the face cloths hat we never received, they did not arrive. After speaking with the manager all of this was rectified. But, with the money they charge, the service should be better. The restaurant also had poor service(except for the bar area). We had our utensils removed from the table before we even had eaten. So then we get our food, and have to wait for utensils! There is more to say, but again, it's just a service issue. The place and the beach are beautiful!

Room Tip: I would be surprised if there is a bad room. The views are great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn E
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were guests for the first time this year after many disappointing July 4th holiday weekends at Water's Edge. We will be back to the Madison Beach Hotel every year now! The hotel is small, intimate, with excellent food. However, it's the staff that really shines here. The owners have trained the staff to constantly ask if there is anything else they can do for the guests. I'm sure every guest there felt like the most important person in the world!

It was wonderful to stay in a comfortable room with a nice view. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

3 Thank Traveler_200950
New Milford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We recently were there for a wedding and although the wedding was beautiful the appetizers and meal were NOT good. Yes I know it is wedding food, but if you are paying $175 a plate you expect it to be edible. The appetizers were okay at best. The brie filo pockets were okay but everything else tasted like frozen boxed appetizers. One waiter came around with what he said were jalapeno popper balls and I went to put one in my mouth and my brother screams "it's a crab cake" don't eat it! I am VERY allergic to crab and thankfully he had eaten one first because I would of ended up in the ER. His response was, "oh is it?"

They brought out the salads in at the dinner and we proceeded to start eating them when my family member next to me realized at the bottom of the plate was pecans which he is allergic too. The waitress never asked anyone at our table if they had any allergies or told us that the salads contained nuts. Thankfully he did not accidentally eat one and he is not as allergic as some people to nuts.

So after all this I was banking on the filet mignon dinner being good since they had upgraded the beef dinner... I was wrong. It was not filet mignon no matter what they say. It literally tasted like beef pot roast with a weird red wine. It was incredibly dry and had the consistency of pot roast. The few small carrots and patty pan squash it came with were raw and hard. They wouldn't even be considered al dente steamed, they were raw.

Another person at my table got the chicken it was pink inside from being undercooked. Another family member next to me who was a vegetarian (the same person that is allergic to nuts) asked what he would be served and they said it would be a vegetable ravioli. She later came out and apologized saying that it was a grilled portobello mushroom. It was a barely cooked portobello mushroom with the raw vegetables.

Bad food and the servers really should be aware of allergies. Ok granted maybe we should of asked about the nuts but I asked what was being served and they said Jalapeno Popper and it was a crab cake!!! BEWARE

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Christina C
John M, General Manager at Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Christina C -
Thank you for taking time to share your concerns about your experience with us. I am very alarmed about the situation you described. We take great care when planning wedding menus to review any and all allergies. Our contact with the wedding party provides us with attendees' menu choices and advises us of allergies. We review these allergies at our pre-event meeting and note where the guests with allergies will be sitting. We also advise our staff of any food items that contain ingredients that are allergens. Of course, there may be attendees with allergies that the wedding party was not aware of. For this reason, and due to your comments, we are now taking the additional precaution of inquiring at each table about allergies. Your comment about the jalapeno poppers is especially concerning as we do not have, nor have we ever had, such an item on our menu. Perhaps you would be so kind as to contact me directly to discuss your experience in more detail.
Best Regards,
John Mathers
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I needed to travel to coastal Connecticut from Virginia and we were lucky enough to find this perfect spot and room availability for 2 nights just before the 4th of July holiday. Michelle at the front desk was terrific, Valet /Bellman assistance from Enzo was superb, he took very good care of my husband's newly purchased car as did Dane who made some great suggestions for our trip to Mystic (see my review for dinner there).Anne on the beach was very gracious to us as well and we enjoyed all of these young people as it was clear they were well trained and enjoyed their jobs.
Our room had a great view and a very long porch which wrapped around. Plenty of closet space and a lovely shower and bathroom area. The bed was very comfortable, albeit a bit soft for our taste, but linens and pillows were of a fine grade. There were 2 TV's in our suite and a mini refrigerator which we did use. I missed 2 things in the room that I would have liked; a full length mirror and our room did not have a listing of the TV channels...not that we watched much but it took a while to find FOX News while flipping through a lot of marketing channels :)
We met some lovely people and had a quiet and restful few days at this resort. I would tell anyone who wants a friendly atmosphere run by genuinely nice people who care about their staff and who ensure that their staff care for their customers to stay at the Madison Beach Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lakemates
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#5 of 12 in New Haven
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Westbrook

Been to Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!