“Simply relaxing”

Scranton Seahorse Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Madison B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The massage from Bob McCandlish was the icing on the cake! Just love staying here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2010

I travelled to the coast of CT to visit a friend from Oregon -- she was visiting her in-law's home where there were five children and three dogs in addition to six adults! So at the end of the day was I glad I had booked my quiet 2nd floor corner room at the Scranton Seahorse Inn. My room's decor was restful -- and the innkeeper Michael had been very thoughtful and pulled the windown shades to keep the air conditioned room cooler in the 95 degree heat! The bed was very comfortable and the linens were cotton but felt like silk. In the morning before my shower, I helped myself to the coffee bar just down the hall from my room -- delicious Newman's Own coffee with half and half -- my morning was started! For breakfast my four table mates and I were treated to Michael's fresh berry compote, a yummy frittata, and whole wheat toast with homemade strawberry jam. For 'dessert' I helped myself to the moist apple cake and a blueberry muffin. Before heading out to meet with my friend again, I took a peek at the lovely gardens behind the inn! The town of Madison is picture perfect -- so I hope to return to Madison and the Inn for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2010

From the minute we arrived Michael went above and beyond the call of duty to make us feel right at home during our stay. We loved his personalized attention to detail. From the immaculately clean rooms to the warm and welcoming environment. The beautiful rooms and grounds that make up the inn gives its guest space to relax and unwind as well as provide any amount of privacy and respect you may need. The Seahorse In was an excellent choice. It was very accommodating with flexible options. (my partner especially enjoyed the fresh foods and cheese plate which made an appearance in our room around 10:00 p.m.) Wonderful and flavorful, it was exactly the the refreshment we needed after a long of sightseeing in New Haven. Excellent place for a couples getaway. His overall approach to running the B&B and connecting with the guests made all the difference and we look forward to being back soon. Thank you so much again for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Madison is a charming village with lots of activities to offer. The Scranton Seahorse Inn is a lovely historic house that offers a peaceful getaway from city life. It is tasteful and peaceful. And Mike's breakfast's are superb! This is definitely a place where I will return with my husband for a vacation!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My partner and I did a one-day quick getaway to this charming Bed and Breakfast to get away from the hustle and bustle of New York City, and we had an absolutely delightful time. The house is charming, and the innkeeper, Michael, was extremely gracious and accomodating. Due to a room cancellation, Michael actually upgraded us to a bigger room free of charge!!! The breakfast was delicous and the grounds of the property are beautiful. This place gets 5 stars!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed here for an extended time as we were in the middle of a move and were completely satisfied with our entire stay. It is right in the middle of town and personal touches are apparent throughout.

Michael and his family (and dogs) were the ultimate hosts and his breakfasts were fantastic. They were absolutely accommodating and made us feel like part of the community. We also really enjoyed meeting other people that were staying in the inn during breakfast.

We now book all of our visitors here and they all have nothing but great things to say about the Seahorse. What a breath of fresh air!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We stayed in the Town View room for our anniversary and were amazed by this inn. The room was clean with a great Jacuzzi, comfortable bed, TV w/DVD, and a small dining area. Super romanitc room for a anniversary! Great gardens to share a bottle of wine in or read a book. So relaxing. Michael's breakfasts were to die for definately worth getting up early for! Olive was a aweetheart great friendly service all around. Great conversation with some other guests. I cant say enough. Madison is our favorite getaway town and now this is our favorite INN. Can't wait to return! I know we said 6 months from now but I am not sure we can wait that long. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#2 of 5 in Madison

Been to Scranton Seahorse Inn? Share your experiences!