“Book Lover's Heaven”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Book Lover's Heaven”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

At a time when book stores are on line, or feel like a factory, here is a place that fills your soul. It is everything a book store should be. The books are lovingly arranged, the atmosphere is relaxed and the displays are lovely. The staff actually reads books and are very helpful with suggestions if you want them. Otherwise they leave you free to explore and enjoy,

Visited July 2014

center
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“I am in love”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

In my last trip to the USA I was sure there were only two bookshops left; Hudson and Barnes/noble. Until we visited Madison and this was our first stop. The salesperson tried to help but with known writers and then I went off the beaten track to the shelves and found two writers I did not know about ( no browsing on Amazon and lack of stock at B&N) and have absolutely enjoyed reading. My only regret: I wish the café in back wasn't so enticing.

I wish that I could visit this shop more often. Its a delight. Make sure you go. They also have some items like scarves etc which were nicer than any other shop in town.

Visited May 2014
Madison, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Madison's Place To Go”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Shop for your book, a unique gift & have lunch at the Bistro in back or the outside deck. Friendly staff and very knowledgable

Visited June 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic bookstore”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I love private bookstores and many of the ones near us have closed. This place was perfect, interesting, engaging displays, courteous and friendly staff.

Visited May 2014
CT
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Quaint - perfection”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I first learned of RJ Julia when owner would review books on WTNH-CT TV. I was never disappointed. Once inside the store all you can do is wish it was in your town. I truly think book lovers would abandon Amazon if we had local bookstores. Store is like home and staff is like family and, like others have said, the handwritten reviews are a perfect way to insure you get the books you will enjoy.