“The perfect book store”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“The perfect book store”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

From the fantastic book selection to the wood floors to the cafe aroma that captures you as you enter and peruse, a must see stop if you are visiting Madison. And if you live in Madison, how lucky to have such a gem at your doorstep. Also, how Roxanne does it is a mystery but her guest authors are the A list of the book world. Stop in and grab a book and a chair and lose yourself in whatever world you are transported to...

Visited August 2014

Hopkinton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great book store”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Kathy from the hotel told us about this place. So nice to visit this kind of book store. What a gem!

Visited August 2014
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Fantastic Bookstore”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Without a doubt, one of the best bookstores I have been to in a long time. The distinguishing feature is the HANDWRITTEN and PERSONALIZED reviews under many of the titles, so that you can see what the staff think. I really felt like I was making an informed choice about what I was buying. And SO MANY of the books had been read - not just the expected ones that you might expect to see reviewed. Wonderful. I wish I could have spent the whole day.

Visited July 2014
White Plains, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Book Lover's Heaven”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

At a time when book stores are on line, or feel like a factory, here is a place that fills your soul. It is everything a book store should be. The books are lovingly arranged, the atmosphere is relaxed and the displays are lovely. The staff actually reads books and are very helpful with suggestions if you want them. Otherwise they leave you free to explore and enjoy,

Visited July 2014
center
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“I am in love”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

In my last trip to the USA I was sure there were only two bookshops left; Hudson and Barnes/noble. Until we visited Madison and this was our first stop. The salesperson tried to help but with known writers and then I went off the beaten track to the shelves and found two writers I did not know about ( no browsing on Amazon and lack of stock at B&N) and have absolutely enjoyed reading. My only regret: I wish the café in back wasn't so enticing.

I wish that I could visit this shop more often. Its a delight. Make sure you go. They also have some items like scarves etc which were nicer than any other shop in town.

Visited May 2014