“Walked out without paying” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Amtrak, Shoreline EAST.
Description: The Wharf Restaurant is located inside the newly constructed Madison Beach Hotel. Enjoy the natural beauty of Long Island Sound while seated in the comfortably elegant dining room or covered porch. Classic New England dishes are prepared with a fresh innovative flair. A collectors wine list with rare wines from hard to find vintages will please even the most discerning palette. Come and experience the genuine hospitality that is the foundation of our service!
Branford, Connecticut
“Walked out without paying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Second time there, the first time was just fantastic the food and service were exceptional, thus us wanting to return.Today we sat at the bar, though busy because of the soccer game, ( just ending)understandably, the 2 female bartenders working the service bar area and that end of the bar were simply awful. Not sure where to start but they had no intention of giving us any service at all, they were in there own world. After finally getting a drink and waiting very uncomfortably to order dinner,I decided that it was time to leave,upon putting my charge card on the bar, (I wasn't getting there attention), I simply had enough and walked out without paying my tab, they were both right in front of me and didn't even notice. I valeted my car the guys there are courteous and professional and basically tipped them what would of been my bar tap and then some.I left a 5 star rating here as to not undermine the great happenings at The Madison Beach Hotel, and Wharf Restaurant, I truly believe that the owners and management are working very hard to establish a first class establishment, and I will not and they should not let a couple of employees stand in there way of achieving that, I will return with my same upbeat enthusiasm, hopefully I will encounter the same.

Visited July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
Boston
“Great meal at The Wharf Restaurant At Madison Beach Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

What an amazing dinner!
The last time we were at the Wharf was 4 years ago.
Incredible job in rebuilding the hotel and restaurant.
The view is spectacular as before.
Our meal was outstanding.
For starters,we had Jess as our waitress, and we walked down memory lane of the former property to what it has become.
Jess gave feedback on our choices for appetizer and entree.
We are from Boston, so the clam chowder was excellent with the creamy texture and just a hint of bacon...amazing!
We all ordered the baked stuffed lobster which was phenomenal and the price is a great value too.
I wanted to order the flank steak but with the view there, I was thinking seafood.
The ambiance, the food, the great service!
We will be back for sure.
Thank you so much to the owners for what you have created in Madison Connecticut!
You deserve to have folks Google best shoreline restaurants and to see you listed first!

Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Extraordinarily Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We went with another couple for dinner on a very nice Friday evening. We were told that there would be an hour wait to sit outside on the porch looking over the water. Within 20 minutes 2 tables for 4 became available and remained available for about an hour. Meanwhile our servers section was seated all at once while much of the restaurant was available. Service was slow, the manager watched and did nothing. We had to ask for things 2-3 times and the wine at the 2nd request was not what we ordered. The food was very ordinary, nothing special or unique. Atmosphere was very nice, it was quiet, and tastefully decorated however one would never know they are next to Long ISland Sound by the decor or the menu for that matter. Valet parking was nice, but it took 15 minutes to get my car 15 feet away.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CT
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We sat at a booth in the bar on a Sunday in the late afternoon/ early evening. My boyfriend and I were ignored at our table in the bar for 10 minutes even though the bartender looked at us and waiters/waitresses continued to walk by without a word. When we finally ordered drinks we left after 10 min as we saw our drinks sitting at the bar waiting to be delivered. We made it very clear to the manager that the bartenders moved incredibly slow and seemed to have absolutely no care as to waiting on customers- the Manager asked us to give them another chance, but we will not be back. There are plenty of other great places on the shoreline to give our money to- Apparently the Manager has not made adjustments to the problems in customer service based on the reviews here who seemed to have had the same experience as we did- and I was unaware of them until I came on to write the review! Not sure of the food since we left.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank plumeriact
Hamden, Connecticut
“Beautiful view, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We came in on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, the view was lovely and the service was great. We ordered drinks and my Bloody Mary was the worst I ever had, so not off to the best start. We had an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops with arugula and honey, which were okay. I ordered a blue cheese burger and my honey had the fish and chips, the burger was ok, fish and chips were very good. Would we go back? Yes, if only for the view and fish and chips.