“Inconsistent ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely hostess, good food, takes forever, grumpy waitress! What can I say? If you want a good meal in Madison you have to put up with a few inconveniences!!

1  Thank antonia j

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Madison has relatively few restaurants so to say that Elizabeth's is the best is to place it in context. It has charm and a range of prices as well as excellent food. The space is small so the noise level can be disturbing. It's the luck of the draw on that issue. The food never disappoints and the specials really are special. They have a special drink- the blood orange margritini that I highly recommend. The pastas are always good and not in the stratosphere price-wise.
Yes, the desserts are super!

1  Thank AnitaOB
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was feeling under the weather but had a houseguest. We ordered dinners from Elizabeth's to take home. The food was good but so overpriced that I will not go back there ever again. Nothing is that delicious.

1  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had a fantastic dinner on Valentine's Day, which is harder. The quality of the food was outstanding. My free-range chicken was great. My husband had the salmon, also cooked to perfection. But the desserts alone are worth the visit... fantastic. A very romantic spot, recommended for romantic dinners.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely, cozy atmosphere! I enjoyed lunch here with a couple of friends. The food is quite good. I had a BLT with avocado. The ingredients were fresh and nicely presented.

My companion had a quiche and salad she really enjoyed and our other friend had a fantastic clam chowder. My friends dine here a lot, and say the food is consistently good. Based on this visit, I'm eager to return often enough to come to the same conclusion.