“Betrer and more relaxed than Christy's in Westbrook” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cristy's Madison
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clinton, CT
“Betrer and more relaxed than Christy's in Westbrook”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The original Westbrook Christy's is crowded and noisy. This is the old Dolly Madison Inn, so it is roomier and more charming. Excellent breakfast. Good value for your money!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank James C

West Haven, Connecticut
“Restaurant service sucks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Truly disappointing. We looked forward to going for three weeks. We planned our Friday and Saturday to have Sunday open. We drove the 65 miles to get there. It was so busy the sat us in the bar...fine. Turns out it was a bit too noisy for us so when I saw a small table open up I asked the hostess if we could sit there. She said yes and we moved. Come to find out now we had no server. No one was willing to wait on us now. Probably because they couldn't figure out who was going to get our tip now? We finished our lunch. I wanted another wine and a beer and desert. But there was no way to get to now as we were continued to be ignored by the servers and hostess. We paid for our food and left un satisfied.

CRISTYS shame on you , you suck!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Christ C
Clinton, Connecticut
“Terrible! It's going downhill again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was so happy when the Dolly Madison got renovated and put under new management, but now it's going downhill again in a hurry. I have come about once a month for about 6 months now, on random nights and eaten several different things on the menu. I have not seen any manager on site since the first week after they re-opened. At first, the food was fresh and service was friendly. Every time I go, the food is less and less fresh, and the bartenders are more and more surly. I am a pretty polite customer, and I always tip well (20% or more). If you complain about the food, they act as though you are seriously annoying them and the cook. I recently ordered the Philly Steak and Cheese. When it arrived, it was clearly not shaved steak of any grade. It looked and tasted like dried out old stringy pot roast, and I couldn't eat it. Other food experiences there have been worse. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, because I've kept coming back, but I love the layout and hometown feel of the place and I can't believe that they are screwing it up again. I know that I'm not the only one that feels that way, because every time I've gone recently, the place has less and less people. The owner or General Manager needs to stay on site and supervise the staff, and they need to make sure the cook is making fresh food from scratch. I'm fed up, From now on, I'll go once in a while for a drink, but I won't be eating.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Arthur D
Madison, Connecticut
“Hometown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great restaurant with casual feel and good value. Large portions of delicious food. The breakfast portions are huge but be sure to get there early on the weekend.

• Visited February 2014
Madison, Connecticut
“The new place for breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you want the most delicious pancakes go to Cristy's--you can't beat them. But, go early, the restaurant gets very crowded. Prices are reasonable, service is good, and most importantly the quality is excellent. Lunch is also good and reasonably priced. Haven't tried dinner, but will do so soon.

• Visited February 2014