“Another good clean stay at Hampton Inn!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Basking Ridge, NJ
“Another good clean stay at Hampton Inn!”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed here on March 16th for the CT Pokemon Tournament. This hotel was clean. I mean really clean. Maybe I was there on the right day but when I walked into our room, I smelled the polish for the wood/faux wood furniture. I then actually went over to the small night table and confirmed that yes, there was polish on this! The bathroom was very clean too. Front desk was friendly and the wake up call was on time. Breakfast was better than the last Hampton Inn we stayed at as they had scrambled eggs instead of that funky egg pancake thing they sometimes serve. Also, the fruit fine and the oatmeal had some nice toppings. No worries staying here…good price, good service and clean hotel.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to avoid any noise!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Toms River
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have been staying at this hotel many times over the last two years. The rooms are spacious and clean and well equipped. The staff is friendly and accommodating and will go the extra mile to please the guests. Love it and will definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I planned a last-minute overnight visit to the University of Connecticut, getting out of Manhattan for a short while. I thought about venturing into downtown Hartford to try out a ritzier hotel, but decided I'd rather stay on the outskirts, away from the hustle and bustle.

I was so pleased with the quality here at the Hampton. Our room was clean and incredibly comfortable. The staff really impressed me with their professionalism and friendliness. The bed was sooo comfy. The wifi worked great. The whole building smelled nice. I liked having a mini-fridge, microwave and clothing iron in the room.

I was concerned about other guests' comments regarding parking lot security, but we had no problems. I guess anywhere you go, it would be common sense not to leave valuable items, like a GPS system, in your car in plain sight.

My stay wasn't perfect.

---The shower head was stuck on some sort of "powerwash skin removal" setting - I didn't use the shower since we were only there for one night, but my poor husband was pretty frustrated.

---The hotel was a little overrun with children on this particular overnight. I love kids as much as the next person -- I'm no grinch or Cruella d Vil -- but when I woke up at 8 AM to the sound of seven children holding an outright war in the hallway, I was a little exasperated. The staff was completely apologetic about the situation, and attempted to talk to the parents, who, unfortunately, didn't seem to care.

--Skip the breakfast. It looks very nice, but everything tastes a little funny, like it's synthesized into food but isn't actually comprised of food (even the fruit). If I had an army of kids to feed I might enjoy the opportunity to feed them all for free, but I personally would rather pay for breakfast at Starbucks, which is (hallelujah) less than 200 feet from the front door.

All in all, I would stay here again because of the comfort, cleanliness and excellent staff. If I was really bothered about all the loud children I'd pay a few bucks more and stay downtown in Hartford, but after I have my coffee, I can appreciate a "family atmosphere."

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to place you in a room far away (different floor maybe) from any large groups tha...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Our one night stay here was very quiet. The king suite was roomy and had everything that we needed except a room safe. The front desk offers a safe. The local area is full of bars and restaurants with many stores to shop at. I find this area to be great when we have business in Hartford as its only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank brittdad
BRATTLEBORO, VT
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed one night for business and it was very nice. Conference room and lunch were pleasant. Continental breakfast was fine. No complaints.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ILOVERMONT4
Marlborough CT
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We've stayed here a number of times and have been pleased with the overall value. Very reasonable rates on the weekend, very clean rooms, comfortable beds, good breakfast. Workout room and pool are somewhat on the small side but rarely used from what we experienced. Convenient location off highway near a mall and restaurants (not all scenic but handy). Only complaint is that the wall unit air conditioner/heater cycles on and off and may wake you if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stay here at least 4-5 times a year for business. They always thank me for staying with them again. Makes it a little more personal. Love this place. Rooms are always clean. Front desk employees are great. The cookies in the evening are a great touch. Had a problem with my room keys and the girl at the front desk came up to my room with me to be sure all was well. Newspaper outside your room in the morning. Very comfortable beds. Close to the Shops at Buckland Hills Mall where there are several other restaurants and easy access to 84 and 291. Only 20 minutes to Bradley Airport. Breakfast is the Hampton norm. Coffee is always available and is good. Starbucks and Olive Garden in the same plaza and Dunkin Donuts at the gas station on the corner. Don't hesitate staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SteelQueen04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester? Share your experiences!