“Best Sandwich Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Main Pub

The Main Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Main Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Middle Turnpike
Transit: We are right on RT 83. which is a a major CT Transit bus route. A stop is right here on our corner.
Description: The Main Pub Restaurant has been serving Manchester and surrounding areas for over 31 years. Our old English style brick and wood establishment offers a warm and comfortable experience all times of the year. We are a full service restaurant offering everything from Deep Fried Pickles and 9oz. Burgers to Prime Rib and Salmon dinners. We have a full bar with 18 draft beers and over 30 in bottles. A full wine and cocktail list is also available. Our bar has several High Def TV's to watch all your favorite sports and our music lounge hosts some of the country and area's best musicians 4 nights a week.The Main Pub prides itself on being a place where all can feel welcome. A place to meet co-workers or hold a party to date night and family dinners. We feel everyone will find something at The Main Pub that will make them look forward to returning.
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Best Sandwich Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

For many years I attended live music performances at the Main pub as they bring in a consistent variety of talented performers. Recently I have been going to the Main Pub for lunch and discovered their Cuban sandwich It is by far the best sandwich that I have ever had anywhere. The portion is more than generous and the taste is absolutely delicious, it is legitimately the best sandwich I've ever had anywhere. The service has been fine every time I've been there and I like the atmosphere. I will be back again for sure.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MikeBCT06033

North Clarendon, Vermont
“Something for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Obviously this is a popular place and for good reason. Once we found a place to park (not easy) we were promptly seated. The pub atmosphere was friendly and laid-back, and they have live music later in the evening. The menu had many choices from BBQ to English pub food and the wine list, though not huge, had some excellent selections, all very reasonably priced. We both enjoyed our meals and a great bottle of South African wine. Will certainly return when we are in the area again.

• Visited June 2014
CROMWELL
“Main Pub has great food and value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been reading all of the reviews for the Main Pub and was glad to see that, for the most part, they received good reviews. I have only been here a couple of times, but with each visit, the food has been plentiful and reasonably priced. The servers are always nice (although sometimes in a bit of a rush). I came here to eat and listen to the live music on 3 different occasions. The bathrooms were always clean. (The parking is a bit of a problem.) I have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant!!!

• Visited October 2013
North Reading, MA
“Just right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were tired, famished and a bit cranky after a long day in a new city, and used Open Table to pick the Main Pub, which got us a reservation immediately on a . We walked in, were immediately seated and waited upon in a friendly manner, and some great food came to our table almost immediately (the waitress got a nice tip from me!). The atmosphere was mostly pub-like, but we were seated in a quieter separate section that serves as the restaurant. I ordered fish and chips, and my wife had a pasta dish - both were fresh and tasty. The splurge on cheesecake for dessert was worth it, and we lingered a bit over coffee. It's wonderful when you hit it just right!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank shartwell
Wolcott, Connecticut
“Good food at a reasonable price, worth the trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I just came to this restaurant for the first time. Brought 8 hungry family members with me. Half of us are foodie's. Let me say this... The food is good. I wish we had the restaurant local to where I live. just an overall good meal. Fried pickles... yum. If you are looking for comfort food and a nice casual atmosphere.... Check them out.