“One of a Kind”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Delicious!!! The presentation and taste were excellent. The house salad with the house dressing is plentiful and tasty. I had the stuffed shrimp with a loaded baked potato. The stuffed shrimp were flavorful and large size. The baked potato was like what you could get from any chain restaurant. But, my friend had the goat cheese scalloped potatoes---amazing!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I went to the restaurant this past Friday with my wife for a date night. We had reservations and they were able to seat us fairly quickly after arriving. They ushered us through the bar area and the first dining room area, both which had a contemporary yet cozy feel to the restaurant with the sounds of live soft jazz coming from the Bistro. The place was packed and we were ushered into the last dining room. The feel went a complete turn for the worst. The decorations were a cold and uninviting, there was a significant draft in the room never went away (and people kept complaining about it). There were only two other couples in the room aside from large group of people in their 20’s and two TV’s which added to the uninviting feel. Overall very disappointed with the ambiance of this section of the dining room. It had the feel of an overflow room or a cheap bar.

Then we met our waitress, Ashley, who was the highlight of the night. Her energy and excitement about the menu made us feel excited to eat there. My wife also has a nut allergy and she made us feel more than comfortable that she would make sure the chef’s knew about it. She was friendly and attentive…overall we could not ask for more.

The menu is interesting and there are a ton of great options. We started with the Jersey Fries which were luke warm and not crunch. Not sure if this is how they should have been or not, but they were accompanied by a very tasty dipping sauce which more than made up for it. My wife had the filet tips, which were by far mediocre for $22. The tips were different sizes leading some to be only slightly overcooked and some to be more than overcooked. There was no sauce on the plate (may have had to do with her allergy, but we were not told about other options) which would help with the dryness. I had the steak and eggs for $27. The steak was cooked a perfect medium rare however the spice rub did not add much flavor. The poached egg on top was over cooked to the point the yolk was not even close to being runny (actually fell out in a ball). Once again im not sure if this was intended or not. Overall the food was a bit overpriced for the quality of the meal, but with a few slight adjustments I would have no complaints over the food.

I will definitely be back to this place to try out the other items; however, we will definitely be sitting somewhere else.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The new bacon appetizer was very good, as was the creamed spinach, and the rolls w/ maple butter were awesome. The dinner salads, which are included, were large and very good. Not as strong on the entrees. My wife's short ribs were a little underdone and not completely tender. My meatloaf was quite overdone, dry and crumbly.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I love going here, and always have a hard time choosing what to order! The happy hour menu is great though, and allows you to order by the piece, so you can try several things. I love the bacon wrapped scallops (which are huge). Their selections of mixed drinks are good, and the bartender even let me have a small taste of the beer on tap to see if I liked it before I order a full drink of it. Love that!
Last night I chose the Surf and Turf Burger which was really good. It is described as having the lobster bisque poured onto it, as a sauce, which I thought would be a little messy, but ended up wishing it had more of it! The chopped salad was tasty, and we left feeling full, but wishing we had room for dessert.
Can't wait to go back for more..... already plotting what to order :)

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner on a Tuesday. We walked in and were immediately seated (it was 6pm on a Tuesday so not prime time). After reviewing the menu for awhile we decided on the 10 oz Filet for my Husband and I ordered the Meatloaf. I have to say my husband didn’t think ordering the meatloaf was the best choice. He thought I should have ordered a steak or fish, but hey - it was my choice and it sounded so good.

We started with Clams casino and bacon wrapped scallops - The claims came in a bowl of broth with bacon, red onion, and cheese. They were delicious and enough for both of us to share. The Bacon wrapped scallops were huge, but I found it odd that there were only 3 - it’s such an odd number (really it is an odd number - look it up :-) I guess I am a little anal retentive - I like things to be even) - that being said, they were cooked perfectly and had a great flavor to them. Nice and meaty.

When our salads were delivered I was a little shocked. I ordered the Cesar salad and he got the house salad. Both were huge! I could only eat a little bit of it as I wanted to save room for my dinner.

Well when they brought out my meatloaf my husband was like "OMG! That looks delicious!" It was a large bowl with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes on the bottom with 2 thick slices of Meatloaf on top of that and then several thick sliced onion rings and a dark thick gravy surrounding it all. It was definitely the BEST meatloaf I have ever had. The meatloaf tasted like pot roast! Just writing this my mouth is watering!

My husbands filet arrived and he cut into it. 1. It was cooked perfectly 2. It wasn’t over seasoned - we like to taste our stake and not some crappy seasonings. And 3. It melted in your mouth! He also ordered the Yukon Gold Mashed potatoes and they were a perfect compliment to the steak.

We didn’t have room for desert but they do have several selections including Crème Brule which is my absolute favorite so we will be returning!

All in all we were there for approx an hour and a half and loved every minute of it.

Oh and Tuesdays are 1/2 price bottles of wine day so it was a win - win!