“Pricey for neighborhood”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Four of us from high school recently visited for lunch. One ordered the 1/2 lobster roll with a lobster bisque. A second ordered lobster cake on a roll while a 3rd ordered steak on ciabatta roll. I went with the cobb salad with shrimp. We closed out the meal with coffee and shared orders of creme brulee and key lime pie. The portion size of the creme brulee was ridiculously small. Everyone agreed the food was very good, though the prices were on the high side given the location and atmosphere.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

A wonderful experience for my family and friends. Following my mom's funeral, the family invited family and friends to CW's for a bereavement luncheon. From the beginning discussing the menu with Tyler to the luncheon itself, it was obvious the restaurant personnel treated you like a member of its own family. The waitstaff was phenomenal; catering to everyone's needs. Everything was taken care of before we arrived; white table cloths; coffee station and the food .. delicious. And what restaurant provides Styrofoam boxes for leftovers? CW's! Caring and supportive. Kudos to CW's. Area family members and friends told us they would be back for lunch and dinner .... especially for the goat cheese potato au grautin! Thank you from the Mozzer family.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Delicious!!! The presentation and taste were excellent. The house salad with the house dressing is plentiful and tasty. I had the stuffed shrimp with a loaded baked potato. The stuffed shrimp were flavorful and large size. The baked potato was like what you could get from any chain restaurant. But, my friend had the goat cheese scalloped potatoes---amazing!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I went to the restaurant this past Friday with my wife for a date night. We had reservations and they were able to seat us fairly quickly after arriving. They ushered us through the bar area and the first dining room area, both which had a contemporary yet cozy feel to the restaurant with the sounds of live soft jazz coming from the Bistro. The place was packed and we were ushered into the last dining room. The feel went a complete turn for the worst. The decorations were a cold and uninviting, there was a significant draft in the room never went away (and people kept complaining about it). There were only two other couples in the room aside from large group of people in their 20’s and two TV’s which added to the uninviting feel. Overall very disappointed with the ambiance of this section of the dining room. It had the feel of an overflow room or a cheap bar.

Then we met our waitress, Ashley, who was the highlight of the night. Her energy and excitement about the menu made us feel excited to eat there. My wife also has a nut allergy and she made us feel more than comfortable that she would make sure the chef’s knew about it. She was friendly and attentive…overall we could not ask for more.

The menu is interesting and there are a ton of great options. We started with the Jersey Fries which were luke warm and not crunch. Not sure if this is how they should have been or not, but they were accompanied by a very tasty dipping sauce which more than made up for it. My wife had the filet tips, which were by far mediocre for $22. The tips were different sizes leading some to be only slightly overcooked and some to be more than overcooked. There was no sauce on the plate (may have had to do with her allergy, but we were not told about other options) which would help with the dryness. I had the steak and eggs for $27. The steak was cooked a perfect medium rare however the spice rub did not add much flavor. The poached egg on top was over cooked to the point the yolk was not even close to being runny (actually fell out in a ball). Once again im not sure if this was intended or not. Overall the food was a bit overpriced for the quality of the meal, but with a few slight adjustments I would have no complaints over the food.

I will definitely be back to this place to try out the other items; however, we will definitely be sitting somewhere else.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The new bacon appetizer was very good, as was the creamed spinach, and the rolls w/ maple butter were awesome. The dinner salads, which are included, were large and very good. Not as strong on the entrees. My wife's short ribs were a little underdone and not completely tender. My meatloaf was quite overdone, dry and crumbly.