“Great deal, large suite, highly recommended.”

Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great deal, large suite, highly recommended.”
Reviewed 1 September 2005

Booked this hotel through Priceline ($40), stayed 1 night.
We had requested a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room. The staff who checked us in was a new employee (as she told us she'd only worked there for 2 weeks) and she admitted that she did not know which rooms were smoking, and which were not. She was very prompt to fix the problem and was very appologetic for the problem in the 1st place.
The room was a decent size and was clean. The room also had a full kitchen with dishwasher and stovetop. They provided complementary microwave popcorn, and also offer to do your grocery shopping, complementary, for you (we did not participate with this service). There are multiple stores and a mall within a 2 minute drive from the hotel.
I slept on the pull out sofa bed, and found that it wasn't too uncomfortable (as a lot of sofa beds are).
The free continental breakfast was also great. You can make your own waffles, and they also provide scrambled eggs, potatoe hashbrowns, and sausage patties. There were muffins/toast/bagels/donuts and cereal.
The staff were all great. The breakfast staff asked us a number of times if there was anything they could do and making sure we were doing fine preparing our breakfast.
I highly recommend this hotel. We got a great deal through priceline that made the stay even better.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
suburbs fof New York City
Reviewed 28 May 2005

I stayed at this hotel in May 2005 while in the Hartford area on family business. This is a basic place and was able to accomodate three of us in a 2 bedroom suite. The rooms were clean and the facility was pleasant.

The beds had the thinnest mattresses I have seen since being a 14 year old at boy scout camp. I could not imagine a mattress being made this thin.

IN hindsight, I paid $179 for a 2 bedroom suite, when probably I should have just rented two rooms at a nearby hotel for the same proce with better mattresses.

• Stayed May 2005
Reviewed 20 February 2005

I was very surprised to read the review in which the gentlemen said "do not stay at this hotel." Everyone has an opinion and I would disagree. I am a frequent traveler to Hartford and always stay at this hotel. The staff were very considerate to our needs each time. We did experience noise from people above us on one occassion. I reported it to the front desk and it was handled promptly. As mentioned everyone has an opinion and I would have to say "give this hotel a try" you won't be disappointed. You will encounter problems wherever you lay your head, but if the staff is top notch it makes all the difference.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 February 2004

I by all means tell you right now not to stay in this hotel!! As far as hotels in the Hartford area that have two bedrooms per room, this is the only one I can find. The price is great and so is the space.

However, we ended up having to purchase ear plugs (seriously) to block whatever noise was going on! There was a booming sound all throughout our week's stay. We are a family of three and enjoy spacious accomodations -- i.e. 2 different bedrooms, a kitchen, 2 baths, living room, etc. and the Residence Inn has that -- but it is certainly worth staying in a different hotel without those accomodations at to avoid this annoyance.

We sent a letter to the management of this hotel but never received a response back. I am never staying here again, and I recommend no one else does.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 August 2003

The rooms were clean, nice and big. Great if you have kids. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. Our only gripe was that the walls seemed to be made out of tissue paper. We listened to our neighbors fighting on one side and TV blaring on the other side.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
No photo provided
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Residence Inn Hartford Manchester? Share your experiences!