“Satisfactory accommodation.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
“Satisfactory accommodation.”
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights at Baymont Inn and Suites. A great bed, comfortable room. The bathroom was odd. Having very little overall light, I had to go out and buy a magnifying mirror to do my makeup. Why the room phone was next the toilet is beyond me! We kept knocking the handset off it's cradle. I had to ask for regular coffee refills for the 2nd morning as decaf was all that was left, and no other supplies were provided in the tray. The staff were friendly and helpful, but didn't seem to have a lot of local cultural knowledge. Other than that, our stay was comfortable and enjoyable.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Old reviews left me leary to book there. Previously it was a Super 8. New company and management appearently made big changes. Staff was pleasant and attentive. Manager called room shortly after check in to see if everything was as expected. Room was clean and comfortable. Stayed for 2 days -July 24 & 25. Value was good. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet.
Breakfast was the only weak link. It had the usual waffel maker and mass produced sweets. It lacked protein and only had sugary cereals - fruit loops/apple jacks/frosted flakes.
I do plan to stay there again

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We had a terrific nite. Best beds I have slept on in years. Staff was friendly and efficient. Hotel was really cool. Clean and comfortable. Great decor. Antiques and gold records. With adorable nooks to relax in on every floor. A great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have read the reviews of other travelers and apparently my 3 day stay of June 10, 11, & 12 was just off days for good service and rooms. While I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly, the two bedroom suite I shared needed much improvement. There was no pull out sofa as promised, the freezer in the fridge did not work, there were two broken chairs that were replaced the following day, not the same day of arrival, ants were on the bathroom floor the entire time the 3 guests and I were there and the bathroom sink leaked the entire stay. I did not complain to management because I believed I had an excellent rate for the suite and certainly could tolerate a few issues as a result of. Well, guess what, upon checkout I discovered that the rate promised was in error too. I was being charged a rate of $179 per nite which was totally unacceptable to me since I had moved from a beautiful hotel with another chain just to have the handicap accessible room at this chain for a group of older people. An adjustment to the rate was made but it cost an employee their job.............................totally dissatisfied with my choice of hotel. I will never stay at this chain again. Jessie B

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessie B
Sanford, Maine
Reviewed 30 June 2012

PROS: Friendly staff, clean room, value, would stay again
CONS: Eating area (breakfast) very small; limited selection for continental breakfast; would like to see more fruit/yogurt/bottled water. Food was mostly packaged muffins/coffee rolls you'd get at a gas station. All bananas were green. Just plan on going out and/or bring something to tide you over.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2012

It was my first trip to Manchester, Connecticut and didn’t really know what to expect. First and foremost, it was about a three hour drive from NYC and, unfortunately, the trip was not strictly for leisure. But my fiancé researched hotels, as we always do, and she had her mind set on the Baymont Hotel. I must say, considering not being familiar with the brand name, I was a bit apprehensive at her selection.
But my apprehension was quickly appeased as soon as we entered the hotel lobby area. It had the most unique décor I had ever seen. We were quickly greeted by the staff at the reception desk and was quickly checked in. The room was about the average size of a single occupancy that you would see at any hotel. The bathroom was spacious enough for two people to occupy at the same time. There was a standard television, and even though it was not a new flat screen, the size was decent enough. Also, the room included a refrigerator and a microwave, which apparently are not standard amenities for hotels as evidenced by our stay at a major chain the prior Memorial Day weekend at Atlantic City, NJ.
As mentioned earlier, the hotel was furnished with unique and quirky, some antique, decorations. A lot of old toys, plaques and designs. Very interesting and made for a great experience walking throughout the hotel.
The hotel offered free breakfast, although your choices are somewhat limited to the usual bagels, toast, cereal, fruits and coffee. But the surprising option was a do it yourself waffle maker.
The best part, I have to say, was the bed. The hotel, at least our room, had one of the most comfortable bed we had ever slept on. For that, and that alone, I will have to give the Baymont five stars.
Overall, our stay was quick but very comfortable and without any complaints. We liked the hotel so much that we considered extending our stay for another night but unfortunately prior engagements prevented us from doing so. We definitely would recommend the Baymont to anyone who are planning on visiting Manchester, either for a quick stop or a lay-over for a couple of days.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ronald R
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed here, along with other family members, to attend a family wedding. All of us had a wonderful experience. Although Baymont is a chain, this hotel is very much a labor of love of the owner, with his collections of show business and sports memorabilia displayed on the floors, and a breakfast room made up like a 50's diner. All of these were great fun to look through - almost like a museum.

The owners were involved and much in evidence and they and the staff were friendly, attentive, and helpful. The rooms were clean, well-kept, and comfortable. No pool or spa, although they plan to install these in the future. This place is highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ron761
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT? Share your experiences!