“Great hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Loved this hotel. It seems to be brand new. Chock full of baseball, Nascar, and music memorabilia, which gives it real personality. The staff was uniformly super-friendly and helpful. Free WiFi, roomy room, very clean throughout.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Certainly felt safe here. Place was clean, room was a bit dated but clean. Lots of knick knacks everywhere in the hotel, I kind of felt like I was at a flea market. Morning kitchen staff was a bit growly. Breakfast was typical, very heavy on the carbohydrates. For one night, just fine, would consider staying again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mountaineermom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at Baymont Inn and Suites. A great bed, comfortable room. The bathroom was odd. Having very little overall light, I had to go out and buy a magnifying mirror to do my makeup. Why the room phone was next the toilet is beyond me! We kept knocking the handset off it's cradle. I had to ask for regular coffee refills for the 2nd morning as decaf was all that was left, and no other supplies were provided in the tray. The staff were friendly and helpful, but didn't seem to have a lot of local cultural knowledge. Other than that, our stay was comfortable and enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Old reviews left me leary to book there. Previously it was a Super 8. New company and management appearently made big changes. Staff was pleasant and attentive. Manager called room shortly after check in to see if everything was as expected. Room was clean and comfortable. Stayed for 2 days -July 24 & 25. Value was good. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet.
Breakfast was the only weak link. It had the usual waffel maker and mass produced sweets. It lacked protein and only had sugary cereals - fruit loops/apple jacks/frosted flakes.
I do plan to stay there again

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We had a terrific nite. Best beds I have slept on in years. Staff was friendly and efficient. Hotel was really cool. Clean and comfortable. Great decor. Antiques and gold records. With adorable nooks to relax in on every floor. A great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have read the reviews of other travelers and apparently my 3 day stay of June 10, 11, & 12 was just off days for good service and rooms. While I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly, the two bedroom suite I shared needed much improvement. There was no pull out sofa as promised, the freezer in the fridge did not work, there were two broken chairs that were replaced the following day, not the same day of arrival, ants were on the bathroom floor the entire time the 3 guests and I were there and the bathroom sink leaked the entire stay. I did not complain to management because I believed I had an excellent rate for the suite and certainly could tolerate a few issues as a result of. Well, guess what, upon checkout I discovered that the rate promised was in error too. I was being charged a rate of $179 per nite which was totally unacceptable to me since I had moved from a beautiful hotel with another chain just to have the handicap accessible room at this chain for a group of older people. An adjustment to the rate was made but it cost an employee their job.............................totally dissatisfied with my choice of hotel. I will never stay at this chain again. Jessie B

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessie B
Reviewed 30 June 2012

PROS: Friendly staff, clean room, value, would stay again
CONS: Eating area (breakfast) very small; limited selection for continental breakfast; would like to see more fruit/yogurt/bottled water. Food was mostly packaged muffins/coffee rolls you'd get at a gas station. All bananas were green. Just plan on going out and/or bring something to tide you over.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo