“Clean, Comfortable Stay, GREAT value!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Massachusetts
“Clean, Comfortable Stay, GREAT value!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The Super 8 reminded me of my grandmothers home. Plants and trinkets GALORE. Upon entering you'll find loads of plants, a lobby that resembles your great aunt's living room, retro cafe and water fountain and aquarium. I have to admit I was a little nervous, however, the rooms were immaculate and comfortable. It's obvious the owner takes great pride in his/her hotel.

The display cases of beanie babies, snow globes, endless rows of autographed posters and elvis statues were amazing. Not only was the hotel clean, the staff was friendly. Simple breakfast was included, bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, hot coffee, tea and juice. The jukebox in the cafe works too!!

The location wasn't too bad either. My group was visiting UCONN which was a 20 minute drive, but we were also close to the malls and other restaurants.

I would definitely visit again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Never have been a fan of Super 8, but this one is very different. The facility is very well maintained. The rooms are spacious and have the typical amenities such as ironing boards, coffee, safes and hair dryers. Some rooms have fridges and microwaves, mind did not. Continental breakfast was OK and comparable to other chains. Overall good experience and would stay again. My only issue would be that the bathrooms are poorly lit for my liking.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 21 August 2009

The meeting room was great for our needs and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The Hotel's walls are covered with cool memorabilia and fun items including a life-size Elvis in the Breakfast Area. I will use this hotel whenever I visit this area!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
usa
Reviewed 22 February 2009

i stayed here twice - first time no problem. next trip i got charged 3 times the amount on my c.c. When i called noone can give me an answer for the charge . i'm on my 8th long distance call to the manager who is never availabel and refuses to call me.dated decor,lumpy bed,no pool,small tv,breakfast sucked and you can see through the towels.pricey hotel for what you get (esp. for me!!) avoid the headache and stay 1\4 mile down the road for a better price and nicer hotel.if you dare to stay, get a toll free number for the manger before you leave.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank usatom
CCrawfordJr, Sales Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT, responded to this review, 27 July 2009
usatom,

I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I understand how frustrating it can be. I can only hope that your situation has been rectified, it is not typical of our property, as we normally get positive feedback. If there is anything I can do to assist you further, please don't hesitate to contact me. Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

Thanks,

Chris
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I stayed here once before, about a year ago. It is surprisingly nice for a Super 8. The owner has done much to personalize this hotel, making the common areas feel more like a B & B with antiques and collectibles placed all around. The staff is very friendly too. I will stay here whenever I am in the area.

• Liked — The personality of the common areas.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
flynomore,

We thank you very much for your continued patronage while in our area. We take alot of pride in the property and it's appearance. If I can be of any assistance during your next trip to CT, please don't hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you for the kind words!!

Thanks,

Chris
Clifton, NJ
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Since we have family nearby and have stayed in virtually every hotel in the area at least once, I have to say that beyond a shadow of a doubt, this is the nicest hotel in the area. In addition, I can't think of a better Super 8 anywhere!

Forget all you know about Super 8 because this one is more akin to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is wonderfully maintained and a lot of love goes into this place. The hallways are lined with classic movie memorabilia and sports legends to name a few. Very cool. Aside from that, the rooms are very clean, spacious and well maintained. The beds were comfortable enough and the bathroom is a really nice size with attention paid to detail like a phone near the toilet, towel hooks and even an ironing board. Try getting that at another Super 8.

Another way you know ownership cares is that they are always looking for feedback and comments. They have even posted some positive comment cards near the lobby for all to read. The comments are all very true. Lastly, the room rates, while higher than the typical Super 8, are always very reasonable. Unlike the other review, I have NEVER had a problem with hidden fees, deposites or rate changes. They've always honored what I booked the room for and check-in/check-out was never a hassle. I highly recommend this hotel. Don't ever think twice.

• Liked — Cleanliness, well maintained, comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Westboro, MA
Reviewed 19 February 2008

My husband and I stayed here while in nearby Hartford on business. We were looking for an inexpensive room to sleep in overnight. The room rate we were quoted on the phone was reasonable.

Upon checking in, I was surprised as the desk clerk demanded $100 from me as a room deposit, over and above paying in advance for the room charges for the night. When I asked why, he replied that that the deposit was to cover damages to the room in case "we trashed it". When I protested, he indicated that this was actually a small deposit, and I should feel lucky it was only $100, "most hotels charge a lot more". I have stayed in many hotels, and this was a first to me!!!

I am a middle aged woman who looks like a schoolteacher. I was astounded that I was treated like a teenager who wanted to party with friends all night in the room. This made for a very poor impression of this hotel and chain. We did stay the night under protest, but will never stay here or in any other Super 8 ever again.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank clementine85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT? Share your experiences!