“Who Knew?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Tell me that I am going to a "chain" so-called "casual" restaurant for dinner and my mind conjures up perfectly portion controlled TV dinners where the box and the food inside are about the same both in flavor and texture.

What a surprise. I ordered the chicken parmigiano, my wife ordered Penne Romano which comes with chicken. For some inexplicable reason she got the entree AND "free refill" at the same time. Whatever.

Michelle was our waitress (I know...the current correct parlance is "server" but I find the term irritating.) and was spectacular. Present but not annoyingly so. Knew and understood the menu perfectly, a real plus since we didn't.

The food was presented well and tasted superb. Nothing was bland, over cooked, or "taste free." Actually better than some much more expensive restaurants I have dined at in the last couple of months.

Desert was excellent as well. Coffee was tasteless but I like very black coffee so that may be a "me" issue.

Fairly priced dinner-over priced wine. Almost $10 for a glass of "ok" chianti? Please.

That said, we will go back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is in the same area as the movie theaters. We usually stop in around happy hour and sit at the bar. The line can be very long for the dining room on weekends. We have always had great service sitting at the bar. There are many small plates, and great salads. The bread and the dipping oils are worth the trip in. There is a pretty good wine list,good use a few more white choices.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We has a nice dinner at Carrabba's. The soup, salad, bread and drinks were all good. The chicken parm was nicely done, better than Olive Garden. Also the pasta and sausage dinner was good. Both dinners were large enough to allow leftovers. We did have a coupon for a dessert and had the mini cannolis which were really mini but they were free. Service was prompt and attentive. Olive Garden has all the soup, salad and bread which is nice but Carrabba's dinners were better and we will return.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Went to Carrabas on a weeknight with a friend. The lot looked full but found a space and we were glad we did. We were seated promptly. The server, Todd, was super, knowledgeable, personable, and efficient. An appetizer of Calmari was very tasty. Our entrees were great. We left full, with lunch for tomorrow, and will be back.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had been to this same Carrabba's once before and had been very impressed all around. This visit was the total opposite however. To start with when we arrived it wasn't overly busy and there were many empty tables. We were shown to a table that was very easily the worst table in the place. It shouldn't have even been an option for anyone. It was situated next to the emergency door directly across from the end of the bar where the sodas are dispensed from a nozzle and all the "extra odd stuff" was sort of put there for lack of having it anywhere else. The cash register station and sliver ware was also within 10 feet of us so we got to hear all the dramatic discussions between the waitstaff over why the mistakes they had made were made and all the apologizing to each other and on and on through out the entire meal. The table was covered with crumbs, oil drops and old shredded cheese which I found amazing that the girl who seated us was unable to see as she set our menus down on top of the mess. The waitress was also oblivious to the mess as she placed our napkins on top of it all. I used the napkins to clean the table myself. Our waitress was cheery however I feel at my age (56) a young lady of about 22 shouldn't be continually calling me honey, sweetie etc. I felt like I was talking to "Flo" from the local truck stop. The appetizer was a flat bread that was burned all around the edges. It was more like eating a large cracker with a topping. My husbands lobster mac&cheese was very good but the shrimp risotto was pretty tasteless and the shrimp would have been better is they had been deveined. We declined dessert although the items offered looked very good. At that point we proceeded wait and wait and wait for our bill.