“A unexpectedly wonderful time”
Review of Carrabba's Italian Grill - CLOSED

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
“A unexpectedly wonderful time”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Was looking for a place to have dinner, when my wife suggested going to Carrabba's. We hadn't been there in a while, and we were quite surprised. The food was fresh, and delicious. We also tried the wine flight. For ten dollars you get to sample four varieties of Chianti. I thought it was a great value. Each glass had about three ounces of wine. The waitress (Ashley) was fantastic, very knowledgeable, and easily answered every question we had. She went way above to make our visit incredible. By far the best waitress/waiter we have ever had. We will be going back again soon.

• Visited June 2014

New Haven, Connecticut
“Who Knew?”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Tell me that I am going to a "chain" so-called "casual" restaurant for dinner and my mind conjures up perfectly portion controlled TV dinners where the box and the food inside are about the same both in flavor and texture.

What a surprise. I ordered the chicken parmigiano, my wife ordered Penne Romano which comes with chicken. For some inexplicable reason she got the entree AND "free refill" at the same time. Whatever.

Michelle was our waitress (I know...the current correct parlance is "server" but I find the term irritating.) and was spectacular. Present but not annoyingly so. Knew and understood the menu perfectly, a real plus since we didn't.

The food was presented well and tasted superb. Nothing was bland, over cooked, or "taste free." Actually better than some much more expensive restaurants I have dined at in the last couple of months.

Desert was excellent as well. Coffee was tasteless but I like very black coffee so that may be a "me" issue.

Fairly priced dinner-over priced wine. Almost $10 for a glass of "ok" chianti? Please.

That said, we will go back.

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, Connecticut
“Great place after a movie”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is in the same area as the movie theaters. We usually stop in around happy hour and sit at the bar. The line can be very long for the dining room on weekends. We have always had great service sitting at the bar. There are many small plates, and great salads. The bread and the dipping oils are worth the trip in. There is a pretty good wine list,good use a few more white choices.

• Visited March 2014
Wethersfield, Connecticut
“Good food and service!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We has a nice dinner at Carrabba's. The soup, salad, bread and drinks were all good. The chicken parm was nicely done, better than Olive Garden. Also the pasta and sausage dinner was good. Both dinners were large enough to allow leftovers. We did have a coupon for a dessert and had the mini cannolis which were really mini but they were free. Service was prompt and attentive. Olive Garden has all the soup, salad and bread which is nice but Carrabba's dinners were better and we will return.

• Visited May 2014
East Hartford, Connecticut
“Very Nice Supper”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Went to Carrabas on a weeknight with a friend. The lot looked full but found a space and we were glad we did. We were seated promptly. The server, Todd, was super, knowledgeable, personable, and efficient. An appetizer of Calmari was very tasty. Our entrees were great. We left full, with lunch for tomorrow, and will be back.

• Visited April 2014