“Great idea poor execution”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Manchester Hartford
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great idea poor execution”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I got a year long job in Hartford and needed somewhere temporary to stay. This seemed perfect they had a pool, fitness area, studio suites and close to shopping areas. The first room they gave me had mold in the bathroom and was a hazard so they moved me. The room had no mold but obviously hadn't been cleaned very well. I paid 400 a week here and not once in the nine months I was there fix the broken blinds or dishwasher. I had to replace their mold shower curtain and buy my own dishware. The new general manager is horrible! He has been upgrading the outside of the building (spray painting parking lot, painting fences, laying down mulch) but can't even take care of the rooms! All of the "maintenance" workers are drug addicts and I would not trust them in my room alone!! Sid is very rude and quite honestly an awful business man. Id rather stay somewhere less convenient (which I am now) just so I don't have to support his terrible business anymore.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Nicole Q
G M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Manchester Hartford, responded to this review, 22 April 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, it is clear we have fallen short and we would like to apologize for the service issues you have described. Here at Studio 6, we pride ourselves on the excellent service we can provide our guests through safety, security, and cleanliness. Our hotel is currently going through renovations with the grounds and rooms as well as our staff. We understand your last visit was inexcusable but we would like to extend the opportunity for a better stay in the future. We hope you will accept our invitation so that we may show you the excellent progress we are making to provide our future guests the stay of a lifetime. If you have any questions or concerns, I urge you to contact me directly at 1(860)491-0746. Thank you for your time.

Manchester CT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I recently stayed at Studio 6 again and the hotel has changed for the better, lot of new faces in the management, hotel looks very nice, my family enjoyed the four days we were there for our sons graduation. I think a safe hotel for families, saw a lot of international students staying at the hotel. We will visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service. Here at Studio 6, we pride ourselves on the excellent service we can provide our guests through safety, security, and cleanliness. Our hotel is currently going through renovations with the grounds and rooms as well as our staff. We are happy to hear your stay was overall acceptable and accommodating. We would like to extend the opportunity to provide a superior future stay. We hope you will accept our invitation so that we may show you the excellent progress we are making to provide our future guests the stay of a lifetime. If you have any questions or concerns, I urge you to contact me directly at 1(860)491-0746. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon!

Connecticut
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Do NOT stay here, Used to be a very cute Spencer Inn place is horrid now , I was getting my floors redone and needed to stay some where and I have a dog, this place allows them which should have been a red flag but sounded good, when i got to the room i would not even sit down or let my dog down, it was filthy and the beds had dust all over, went to get an immediate refund and ended up staying at the GORGEOUS Fairfield by the mall

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jill M

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Okay so lets not cut any corners THIS PLACE IS A DUMP! I stayed here for four nights and by the second night you start to notice eerything wrong! From the front door their was a plastic cup, dirty glove, and a trick or treat pumpkin on the ground right when we walked to our room. TRASHY! Then you walk in and to the right is the kitchen. Lets just say the kithen was pointless becausw even if I wanted to cook the microwave was broke and the stove top was so dirty I wouldnt cook my dog food on there. Then the living room had gum stuck all over the carpet. The bed wasnt the best the sheets had holes in them. The tv was from 1940! Then off to the side was a closet that the door had been broken off of and someone just sat it in the closet! GHETTO! Now comes the bathroom! Every time the light was turned on there was this HORRIBLE SOUND! Dont know what it was but I told the office and they said they would send maintence or change rooms, well that never happened! Anyways, there was hair (not mine) on the walls! The shower was broken, it wasnt very lean! Then my favorite part was the towels! They were infested with DEAD FLEAS! I WANTED TO PUKE! I had asked for clean towels and she handed me them like they just came from the dryer not folded! THENNNN is the manager/owner, hes a JOKE! I told him I might be staying a month (when I first checked in) he told me 800 a month then the nxt day when I was going to pay the 800 hd told me 1100 then when my dad called that day he told him 1200! Typical Indian guy! SHADY! SAVE SOME TIME AND SANITY DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank TX123

Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night. Our room was clean, spacious, although it was a bit drab. It did appear as if this hotel was lacking TLC and the upkeep it should be recieving. Overall, our stay was good enough that we'd stay here again if needed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heather E
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We are happy here and have been here for three months. I am between jobs and between living situations so for my son and I this place has been a god send. Internet is fine, rooms are clean. Bathrooms are updated, but kitchens are on the old side. Staff is adequate. Our two bedroom suite is quiet. We have two balconies which are sizeable enough to seat several friends. We have a fireplace. And they are pet friendly. I have stayed in a lot of pet friendly hotels and let me tell you, some of them are the pits. This place is one of the better pet friendly places I have stayed, and I always have traveled with my pets. The place is close to shopping, the mall, Hartford, all major road arteries.

If you are between homes and need to live for awhile in a transition situation, they are flexible in that they will allow you to move in your own things and they will store theirs for you until you move out. So, we are living in a nice homey environment, and when you consider the cost of an apartment rental, utilities, etc, you are making out better here.

The management is definitely looking to make improvements - lots of new air conditioners, new internet wireless routers. We have had excellent heat and air conditioning. And there is a working fireplace. Overall, it is the right place for us. If you want glitzy, this is not the place. But for an extended stay that is affordable, convenient and comfortable, this could be the right fit for you.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are more like apartments.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian K
Winchester, N
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel use to be the Spencer Inn and Suites. When it was the Spencer Inn and Suites it was a decent place to stay and the price was right. I stayed at this hotel when it was sold and became to Studio 6 and what a big difference. Upon checkin this is how my room was, missing cover for the temperature control unit, broken bottom of dish washer. rusted pot, missing silverware. Stayed two nights and housekeeping cleaned only half of my two bedroom suite. Called front desk and nothing was done about it. If I had of stayed longer than two nights I would have had to pay for housekeeping to come in. Broken counter top and the list goes on and on. I wouldn't stay at this hotel if they paid me to stay there. This is a hotel to AVOID.....stay in your car...at least you know who has been in it and where the dirt comes from.....When I think of this place it makes my skin crawl. Aggghhhhhhh!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Minga M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Manchester Hartford? Share your experiences!