“Excellent Value - Good Room”

Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 May 2013

America’s Best Value Inn in Manchester lived up to its name. It was an excellent value. I booked the non-refundable rate which was quite low. As I had a committed business trip, this was a safe bet, but do not use this rate if you might find yourself cancelling later on. The normal refundable rate was a little higher, but still reasonable.

This is a budget motel so there was no expectation of a lot of amenities. The room was smaller than most, but adequate for 1 or 2 people. The room was clean and all facilities (WiFi, TV, A/C) worked properly. Ice and morning coffee was available in the office. And being just off the exit of I-84 makes this very convenient.

For a short business or pleasure trip, this property worked out great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank w1sj

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I planned to stay here for two nights for an out-of-town interview. This place seemed great for someone on a budget. I quickly learned you get what you pay for!! As I was on my way to check in (about 9pm) a man standing outside the lobby asked me if I would like to share a room with him! As a young female traveling alone, you can imagine how nervous this made me. After refusing the man's offer, he followed me into the lobby and stood behind me while I confirmed my reservation. The man working the counter did not seem at all bothered by my unwanted follower and made no attempt to lower his voice when discussing my room number or name. Because it was already late and I had to interview early the next morning, I decided to try to wait the night out. Upon entering my room, I found that the front windows were very flimsy and the fogged glass window in the bathroom made me feel very exposed. I ended up sleeping (hardly) with the lights on and a chair pushed in front of the door. I also found several suspicious looking bites the next day (bed bugs??).

I decided to check out the next morning and stay somewhere safer for my second night. I turned in my key and explained I would not be staying the second night and the man at the desk seemingly had no problem with this. I then discovered he still charged me for both nights! When I contacted the hotel about it, I was told I had to go through the hotel corporation. After contacting the corporation, they told me they would forward my complaint to the original hotel and I have not been contacted since. This seems to be a very shady business and you would be much better off staying at any of the nearby, much nicer hotels.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 834HeatherM
Reviewed 17 January 2013

You can not beat this hotel for the price and what you get. A clean comfortable room. The staff are so friendly and helpful. I slept so well. It was exactly what I needed for the night. The room was updated with bright colors. I think they may have painted recently. The bathroom was clean. Still can't get over what a great deal it was. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who just needs a place to sleep and wants a deal. Would definitely stay here if I needed a play to stay in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I found this motel to be a great motel especially for the price. It is located in a very convenient right off the highway. Very easy to find. The room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Would recommend and if I am in the area again and need a motel I will come here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This hotel was great. Staff is very friendly and goes above and beyond to make you comfortable.
close to hotel there is shopping plaza ,plenting parking place and indian restaurant is infront of motel

Room Tip: Lovely B&B nicely decorated rooms, clean . Staff are friendly and helpfully and available 24hr...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rabi N
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Nothing fancy here, just a great value. Room was old but clean, refrigerator, microwave, TV and air. It was perfect for my working vacation. Didn't need a pool or workout room, just a place to sleep. I booked 5 nights and even though the website clearly said no refunds, when I had to leave a day early the owner refunded the cost of one night's stay without question. Only downside was advertised wireless didn't work, so bring a cable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Room was very clean with many amenities. Beds were comfortable. Motel is right off major highway, near shopping. A perfectly acceptable room for the price.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Waterdances
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Red Roof Inn Vernon - Hartford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester? Share your experiences!