“Best Value Indeed”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Stratford, New Jersey
“Best Value Indeed”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

When a hotel wins the name your own price contest you are paid up no matter what...in my case 12 days. I am just as pleased as I can be. The owners are super friendly. The staff is outstanding. I do not know how you could ask for a higher level of service. The temp is going down below zero but the room is toasty, the shower, toilet and sink are just fine. I have internet, a nice TV, fridge and microwave. This is better than some three star hotels I have been in. I don't mind being parked outside my door. What is luxurious about dragging bags all around a place? I am keeping this business card to call here first when I come back to the Hartford area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bernardsville, NJ
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Mike Patel and his wife were very gracious hosts, getting me extra shampoo and even showing me the room prior to checking-in. They even offered me their best option, with the king-sized bed.

I like Motor Inns. They give me the freedom to have my vehicle nearby for grabbing extra gear and dipping out for a cigarette, outside. Full cable and wi-fi.

I enjoyed the place and will definitely be back when again visiting family in the area. Very comfortable, quiet (even though next to the highway), Indian Buffet next door and safe feeling.
I didn't want the confines of a Marriott and this suited me well.

Room Tip: Next to a freeway, but very quiet. I had a corner room which was for the disabled, but did not have...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NJSam_10
plymouth, mi
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in November 2013. The owner & His wife were very friendly and accommodating, making sure the rooms were ok and that there was coffee in the lobby. The price can't be beat. Good luck finding a better deal! But, with that comes some lower expectations. The usual poor, worn linens, dusty corners, and lack of amenities in general. My room was clean enough - no bugs, no nasty stains, etc, but my colleague's room had a condom wrapper on the floor. No condom - just the wrapper, precariously perched next to the wall, clearly overlooked by the housecleaning staff. That's a biggie....no one wants to see that.

The other weird thing was that we felt a little rushed to leave. We had multiple rooms and we were each called and asked if we would be staying another night between 10:30-11am. A little strange, but not too crazy or anything.

Note that in the rooms the heat is controlled by thermostat and the air is controlled on the unit. Took me a while to figure that out, and it was impossible to find the sweet spot. It was either roasting or freezing.

To be honest, my room was fine - for the price. I would probably stay there again when traveling solo, but I could see where the condom wrapper might be a deal breaker for some travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here for one night because we had a flight out of Hartford the next morning. It's about 20-25 mins from BDL, and the cheapest we could find within that travel range. Thankfully, the room was very clean, the mattress was firm, and there wasn't much noise, even though the hotel is located to close to the highway. We arrived very late, around 1am, and the man working there was extremely nice and friendly, and checked us in quickly. The room was small, and not too pretty, but well maintained. The shower was hot and had good pressure. The heater untie room worked quickly and we stayed warm all night. No complaints for the $57 including tax that we spent. I wouldn't want to stay there for a relaxing vacation, but for a few hours sleep before a flight, it was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We live in NC, but still have family in Manchester. Whenever we visit, we always stay here. The staff is unfailingly friendly, the rooms are clean, and the price is right. Over the last ten to twelve years we have stayed four or five times, without one complaint.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Port Royal, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Friendly helpful staff!! Rooms are spacious and Clean! Quiet - no outside noise from cars and other overnight guest! Was so impressed with the price and conditions stayed at another facility of theirs in Harrisburg, Pa. and was so impressed with all they offered for the very modest price, joined their club and will get 15% reduction on future visits.

No swimming pools etc. Just great quiet clean lodging - place to sleep in comfort and no breaking the bank doing it!!!

Room Tip: Have a selection of bed choices - singles, kings etc. and even have availability of adjoining rooms...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank earthauburnred
Augusta, ME
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a good, inexpensive motel, very convenient to grocery stores, restaurants, and Interstate 84 into Hartford (about 15 minutes drive). It is about 5 minutes off the Manchester - Tolland Turnpike exit. Mapquest helps to find it. The room was clean and the neighborhood was quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester? Share your experiences!