“Pretty Nice for Price”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Bronx, New York
“Pretty Nice for Price”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. When we first arrived, the attendant was very polite and helpful with letting us know what was nearby. The property was well located near the highways and easy to get to. There were plenty of restaurants in the area and even a restaurant located on the premises as well as a couple of malls nearby. The rooms were well updated with a flat screen television and the bathroom clean. I like that it also had a small refrigerator and microwave. The only thing I would suggest is for the rugs and chairs which were cloth be shampooed every so often. We would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked my room solely on the reviews here. When I first drove by I thought, "Uh-Oh", this may be a short stay but I was wrong. The interiors are clean and updated. Flat Screen TV, Superfast WiFi, mini-fridge, microwave. Even has those little things that cost $ at other hotels. Forget your toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, floss? Its all there next to the sink. Sure the towels were a little thin and that goes for the linen, but it's not the Ritz. What it is, is a clean comfortable room with extras for around $50. Its where I will now stay when traveling to Manchester.

Room Tip: The rooms are on the small side, especially with the Queen bed so be aware. Also the outlets are no...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael B
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2014

when we drove up we were wondering how old the place was but when we got in the room we saw that it was updated and very well looked after. It has a fridge and microwave and flat screen tv and is close to our favorite restaurant Applebee's so all is good. The gentleman as check in was very pleasant and helpful. Only thing missing was the continental breakfast but McDonald's was close by.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank David H
Gagetown, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I basically stop here to sleep and go. This was my second stay here and was as good or better than the first. When I checked in the owner who seems to live on site remembered me from a review I had written. I assume he reads the reviews which means he may try to correct problems. That is always a good sign. My room was again clean and simple exactly what I expected. Note that to keep costs down they keep the temperature low and it takes a few minutes to heat up the room. The heater is the older fan type and there is some highway noise. If those sounds disturb you, be aware. I will continue to use this property for my overnight stops on my way to New York. Others must think the same way it had no vacancy both times I stayed there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Stratford, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 January 2014

When a hotel wins the name your own price contest you are paid up no matter what...in my case 12 days. I am just as pleased as I can be. The owners are super friendly. The staff is outstanding. I do not know how you could ask for a higher level of service. The temp is going down below zero but the room is toasty, the shower, toilet and sink are just fine. I have internet, a nice TV, fridge and microwave. This is better than some three star hotels I have been in. I don't mind being parked outside my door. What is luxurious about dragging bags all around a place? I am keeping this business card to call here first when I come back to the Hartford area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard R
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Boy is this place funky! Old style fill out the card registration, hardly any modern Motel administrative systems but the folks are real friendly, its cheap and clean and on this day with temperatures expected in the middle teens tonight, I was happy to stay here. Of course there is big risk with el cheapo hotels but I’d encourage you to try this one if you are in Manchester and secure enough to step out of the mainstream motel chains. They have HBO and fast, free internet connections so I don’t see the problem. True, you park outside your door which to some may be a negative but the dead bolt seemed secure to me and there were no elevators or stairs to walk up so I see it as a plus. Also, its right across the parking lot from a great Indian Restaurant called the India Kitchen. See my Yelp review elsewhere. I’d certainly stay here again and I’ll try this chain on the basis of this entirely positive experience.

Room Tip: Old style park in front of your room motel but overall an excellent value
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bernardsville, NJ
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Mike Patel and his wife were very gracious hosts, getting me extra shampoo and even showing me the room prior to checking-in. They even offered me their best option, with the king-sized bed.

I like Motor Inns. They give me the freedom to have my vehicle nearby for grabbing extra gear and dipping out for a cigarette, outside. Full cable and wi-fi.

I enjoyed the place and will definitely be back when again visiting family in the area. Very comfortable, quiet (even though next to the highway), Indian Buffet next door and safe feeling.
I didn't want the confines of a Marriott and this suited me well.

Room Tip: Next to a freeway, but very quiet. I had a corner room which was for the disabled, but did not have...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NJSam_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester? Share your experiences!