“Disappointed”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brunswick, Maine
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I happen to be coming out of BJ's around the corner and had remembered this Chinese place in the shopping center and I had a craving for Chinese so figured I would try it out. Upon walking in to place a to go order, it seemed nice enough while I quickly looked around and reviewed the menu. I was surprised to see Pad Thai listed on a Chinese restaurant menu (maybe that should have been a hint)... I ordered the Pad Thai for my wife and Tangerine Beef for myself and a few egg rolls. The Pad Thai was a orangey/red color, the noodles were stuck together like glue (which I won't complain about too much since it was take out) but the overall taste was like dirty water, small portion of chicken, but tasted horrible. The Tangerine Beef wasn't too bad overall except the tangerine pieces were burnt, which bled out onto the overall flavor of the dish. Called and complained, only to receive a statement to come back and try again maybe next time will be better, no apology for bad food, burnt pieces or discount on next trip. So there will be no next time, only bad reviews on yelp, foursquare and trip advisor coming up.... HORRIBLE !!! and from the reviews here, years ago this might have been an okay place to eat, but have since gone down hill and next will be out of business.

• Visited December 2012

Willimantic, Connecticut
“great food and lots of it”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

i discovered this restaurant while looking for a restuarant that served sub guschoom chow mein. Be warned that the sub gum chow mein is not what old school Cantonese chinese restaurants in Boston and NYC serve, but the hostess and chef's willingness to accommodate my desires was very, very appreciated. We were so impressed that we went back the next night and ordered mushi pork and house special chow fun as take out. The food was delicious and the servings enormous. We live about 30 miles away and we will be back often. I have never written a review on here before, but I felt that the food and the golden Dragon deserved to be tasted... enjoy.

• Visited August 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A perfect blend of flavors”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

So many asian restaurants but this little place in Manchester has alot of flavor. If you try it, you'll be surprised. Service is a little slow so if you are in a hurry you might not want to go.

Visited May 2012
Utica, New York
“Awesome hot and sour soup and now they have bubble tea!”
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

I always stop her for hot and sour soup and fried dumplings whenever I visit my mom. The atmosphere is 80s chinese restaraunt which is pretty far out and fun. When I ordered take out last time, it was about 10 minutes before closing and they were really nice and willing to fill my order. I have had several different dishes from the menu and I have enjoyed all. They also have bubble tea! Which was really good.

Hartford, CT
“Classic Chinese atmosphere and fine food at very affordable prices”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Golden Dragon is a family run establishment, open for a brisk luncheon business; giving way to a leisurely dinner atmosphere in the evening. Suitable at both times for business, get-togethers with friends, and family nights out. Quiet, relaxed decor and friendly wait-staff never in a rush. Adding to the serenity: a huge fish tank with a variety of sizeable (and very healthy) fish that catch your eye and peer back at those taking the time to interact with them. They are special!
Food is excellent, drinks are more reasonably priced than in most places, and portions are generous. A wide selection is available of Chinese and other Asian dishes. What surprised me the most: dinners cost about the same as lunches in far less comfortable and well-maintained establishments. A true bargain and a good time!

• Visited February 2012