“Very nice B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Mansion Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I enjoyed an overnight trip at The Mansion Inn a few weeks ago and have a very nice stay. The inn itself was very cozy and the rooms were spacious and well kept. I stayed in the Lilac Suite which included its own full bathroom, sofa and study alcove. The breakfast the next morning, prepared by Bruce the proprietor, consisted of berry pancakes, fresh fruit, coffee and juice. The other guests were very nice and social at breakfast and Bruce told us the history of the Inn and the area. I would return again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The innkeeper, Bruce, Is a great guy and a good host. Although my sister and I were two hours later than we promised, he was there at the door and got us settled in right away since it was six-thirty in the evening and he was ready to call it a day. We stayed for two nights and had a great time. The breakfasts we were served were very nice and Bruce provided great entertainment with many good stories. Our room was quite spacious, larger than we expected, though the pictures on his website are very true to form and the inn is just as nice as it looks online. It was a super value for the money and I am so glad we chose the Mansion Inn in Manchester, CT. Manchester is a nice town, in a very beautiful part of Connecticut that offers many different types of things to see and do. We recommend this inn if you are looking for a good bed and breakfast in the Hartford area.

Room Tip: Call Bruce and ask him to describe the rooms in detail. They each have something to offer so he migh...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I recently stayed two nights at the Mansion Inn. It is a charming old house. (If you are looking for sleek and new, this place is not for you.) Unfortunately, I had to leave early in the mornings and wasn't able to partake in breakfast at the inn. There was, however, a Keurig-type coffee machine in the hallway. I helped myself to a cup of coffee each morning. Bruce is a kind gentleman, and a very hospitable innkeeper. He went out of his way to assist me when a problem arose with my business travel. Some of the reviews mention the little notes instructing guests. They are not at all offensive, just little reminders. Staying at the Mansion Inn is like stepping back to a kinder, gentler time... except with awesome air-conditioning! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisHLongIsland_NY
Reviewed 29 March 2013

While this maybe an overused phrase, for me and The Mansion Inn its absolutely true!
I'm lucky enough to stay there on business trips but it would be perfect for couples wanting to explore New England. Bruce, the owner, is so warm and welcoming and is a really good cook - breakfasts that make you want to skip lunch.

Room Tip: All the rooms have flower themes and I've liked all that I've stayed in but the Rose Room is...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Cannot say enough great things about this wonderful establishment! Immaculate property! Delicious breakfast-very knowledgable host/chef! Great alternative when flying into Hartford! The innkeeper is great with directions!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ejs22
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The Mansion Inn provides a great base from which to explore the sights of Greater Hartford. Bruce is a very informative, helpful host, and guided us to interesting places and good restaurants that we would not have found on our own. He is also a fount of information about the history of Manchester and the Cheney family. The Mansion itself is chock a block with interesting artifacts relevant to the history of the area. The Inn is very comfortable and clean. The pictures found on the Inn's website are fair representations of what the rooms really look like; they are uniformly nice, clean, and have comfortable beds. We stayed in the Rose Room, which is spacious and sunny and has a lovely fireplace. (All the rooms have fireplaces.) We spent a couple of romantic hours watching the flames dance in the fireplace. In the morning, Bruce's pumpkin pancakes make you want to get down to breakfast as early as possible! A great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HappyBostonTraveller
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I planned a last minute trip here--4th July weekend with my husband and son. I chose this B and B partly because the reviews intrigued me and I wanted to meet the man and see the house that inspired them. The House is lovely and so is Bruce. The house is well-kept, pretty and charmingly comfortable.The rules which annoyed some travelers are just common sense and I liked the fact Bruce ran a tight ship. The entry with Bruce's desk there was just fine...it is his home. And my desk is far more cluttered; it is a sign of intelligence by the wat. The meals were yummy. Bruce was helpful and kind. (THERE WAS NO MOLD. How absurd!). It was a lovely time.

Room Tip: all the rooms are pretty
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family