“Nice place at a reasonable price”

Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice place at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Traveling from PA to MA and was looking to stay one night to help break up the trip. The room was CLEAN (huge deal breaker for me if it's not sanitary), spacious, and comfortable. In fact, the bed was my favorite part, and I usually can't sleep away from my Sleep Number bed. I also really appreciated being able to fully open the window, as there was a gorgeous breeze outside. Emanuel greeted us with a warm smile and some cold bottled water. The Bistro, lounge, and foyer were very stylish. My 20 oz Starbucks decaf with a shot of hazelnut was only $3, fresh and good. Our breakfast sandwiches were delicious, albeit a bit pricey. ($16 for 2 sandwiches) However, my egg-white, spinach, and Havarti cheese on a homemade English muffin was really tasty, healthy, and it came with a small side of fresh fruit. Throw in the fact that we just had to go downstairs to get a hot breakfast sweetened the deal.
Another great thing about this hotel is the fact that it's near TONS of stores & restaurants. Walked around the mall down the street, which from the outside looks like 3 stores, but is enormous on the inside. We also drove a bit down the road and had a yummy diner at Carabbas. After dinner, we chose "parks" on our GPS and it took us to a little park with a lake, small fishing pier, and small walking trail on Buckland Rd.
My one complaint has nothing to do with the hotel or staff, but with a bunch of hipsters coming from a wedding or dance who, along with their coolers filled with liquor, kept talking, laughing and slamming in and out of their rooms past 2 a.m. Even the good insulation between rooms couldn't block them out. Luckily my husband figured out how to turn the AC fan/blower on continuously as a white noise and I was finally able to sleep. Now, I love having a great time as much as the next person, but if you're in a public place that folks are paying for and it's after 11, take the party elsewhere or shut up!
With that said, don't pass up this hotel. It's a great place and a good deal.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room on the top floor so we don't hear folks walking above us.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you, for staying at The Courtyard. We appriciate your comment since our goal is always to provide a perfect stay.
We hope to see you soon. Please let us know, if there is anything else we can do for your next stay.

Thank you again, for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manlius, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I came to CT for business. Funny thing is that I lived in the Hartford area for more than ten years before recently moving out of state and this was the first time I was in a hotel in what once was my backyard. I say this because I could evaluate the suggestions given by the staff to other customers looking for places to eat, see etc. I have to say that they were impeccable. Overall, the hotel has been renovated and is very good and comfortable. The room was clean and with a nice modern look. I liked the bistro concept. Breakfast was included in my rate and was good. Availability of cappuccino always put me in a good mood. Staff was always attentive and corteous. A professionally, well run hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
I just would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. It always make us happy to be able to provide a great service. Our goal is a perfect stay and for our guest to feel like home when they stay with us.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

We hope to see you again.
hartford
Reviewed 19 July 2013

just returned for a one night stay. Ive been a regular user of this property but it has been 5 or 6 weeks since my last visit. Everyone working on the property welcomed me back; many remembered my name! The accommodations were comfortable as always and my stay completely met all of my expectations. I still don't understand why there are not more tv channels or a pay-per-view offering but that is the only shortcoming I can name. For a business traveler, this provides all that I need.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for been our most valuable guest. As always it is a pleasure to serve you. we are always looking forward to see you soon. I apologize for the tv channels or a pay-per-view offering. We are working in that.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to accomodete you in your next visit.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

The more I travel, the happier I am with pleasant staff and this Marriott was a great example of friendly and helpful staff. My room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the wifi was good and I was able to enjoy a well prepared Starbucks coffee in the lobby. If I am in the area again, I will definitely stay here again. 24 hour fitness room and a nice indoor pool (6-11).

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for Staying at The Courtyard in Manchester. it was a pleasure to have you with us. Our goal is always to provide a perfect stay. we are happy to hear that you enjoy your stay.
we hope to see you soon. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to for you in your next stay.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Could be a reason why the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn are booked up and this place had rooms. Rooms are similar but Holiday Inn Express offers a FREE hot breakfast. Courtyard uses breakfast as one more opportunity to dig money from you.

Room Tip: Tip? Don't stay here, go to Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
James M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and share your views. Your comments help us to improve on areas we need to work on and will also help us to deliver better service. I do apologize for the high prices at the bistro we do try to stay within a certain price range that is affordable for all our guest. We do hope the next time you visit us we will better able to accommodate you.
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

I'm very picky and a bit hard to please, but this place was great. Was greeted the moment I walked in, and had my room card keys within a minute. Mike at the front desk went above and beyond to my my stay great. I will be staying here again

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are happy that you were satisfied with your stay. We take pleasure in going above and beyond to accommodate our guest. Our goal is to help to make their stay a memorable one.
Prairie Village, KS
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Clean room and friendly staff. Booked a king size, but stuck w/ a double. Not thrilled, but no biggie. Also had trouble printing my boarding pass in the lobby. One computer didn't play nice w/ Southwest's website and the other only managed to print 1 of the 2 passes. Not ideal, but was able to work around it. In room wifi was solid. Not blazing fast, but good enough. Despite these bumps, the place is nice, easy to find and is w/in a short drive of just about anything you may need. I'm sure I'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share you comments. I do apologize for the mix up in your bed type, i understand how frustrating that may have been for you. We have just completed work on improving our internet speed. We do hope to see you again soon.